Blended Turkish tobaccos, mild Cavendish, Red and Bright Virginia's along with a good measure of Cyprian Latakia combine to produce an exceptionally smooth and flavorful English mixture. Medium in strength, with plenty of depth and character.

BrandPark-Lane Tobacconist
Blended ByPaul Bonacquisti
Manufactured ByPark Lane
Contents Black Cavendish, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Strength
Taste
2.5

This is one of five blends in PL's English Sampler #4.

A nice light English. The Latakia and the Orientals have a nice balance. The Virginias as a mildy sweet base. Not sure what the Black Cav is doing other than hiding from me. Pleasant to smoke in the morning with a mug of hot black coffee.

Pipe Used: MM General, MM Country Gentleman

Age When Smoked: fresh bulk

Purchased From: http://cigarsandpipes.com/

While going through the long process of my annual cleaning of my pipe room, I have come across a lot of blends that I either received as samples or just have forgotten about. An Aperitif from pipe maker/blender Paul Bonacquisti caught my attention as I have been smoking most of my remaining stash of Aperitif over the past few months. I bought two ounces of this about eighteen months ago and wasn’t bowled over at the time. But a year and a half later, it was time to give it another try. I am a lover of Dunhill Aperitif and at first light, An Aperitif comes remarkably close. However, as the bowl progressed, the differences quickly became more and more apparent. I think this is sweeter and while not bad, wouldn’t replace my search for the scarce Dunhill tin. With that said, I think it’s silly to think a perfect copy would ever be possible. Especially with tobaccos that come from other blending houses. So standing on its own, An Aperitif isn’t a bad blend and those seeking a mild to medium English blend with a little sweetness at a bulk price.

Purchased From: Park Lane Tobacconist