This wonderfully mild and smooth pipe tobacco blend was originally created by Milan's master blender for a customer who is a doctor by profession. Doctor's Orders is a great all day smoke comprised of golden Virginias, Burleys, and toasted Cavendish. Offering delicate subtleties of white chocolate and sweet cream, a mild to moderate sweetness on the finish, and pleasant room note, this blend really is just what the doctor ordered

BrandMilan Tobacconists
Taste

jhennis Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jhennis (5)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Very Pleasant

Very good smoke all around. Very mild and pleasant with an excellent finish. Makes you want to smell your mustache all day! This one will be on my favorites list from now on!

CR Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CR (7)

Smoking this is a truly sublime experience. The chocolate and cream are so subtle that only their confectionery essences are mingled within the smoke - I could not guess the casing by taste or smell, yet both are haunting, phenomenal. It garners more public comments than any other aromatic I have smoked. The tobacco tastes mostly of sweet Virginia, but the complexity of this blend is still very apparent throughout, and the taste of Burley is not uncommon. From the first few puffs down to the powdery ash at the bottom of the bowl, every draw is enjoyable here. Of Milan's bulk blends, I have yet to try many of their top sellers simply because I already know how good Doctor's Orders is going to be.

ADDENDUM: Admittedly, at the time of writing this review it had been a few months since I had smoked this blend. Seeing as how this is one of my Milan favorites, I did my best to remember it. Having recently purchased eight ounces, I'm finishing a bowl of it now as I type this. I must say, my review was spot-on. I'm at the bottom of my carry pouch now, so it has aired out for several days. The first half of the bowl is almost reminiscent of hookah smoke, so light and delicious, but without any goop. That cream they use is incredible, and none of the tobacco flavors are ever sublimated by it. The last half of the bowl is that sweet grassy Virginia flavor peppered with the herbal nuttiness of Burley - this tobacco could stand alone without any casing. Even smoking the ashes is a good idea, which cannot be said for many aromatics.

I could see how this one might not fit the same bill of excellence to some - it is awfully light, and the headiness of the nicotine is only slightly noticeable for a puff near the end of the smoke - but this is some of the smoothest and tastiest tobacco flavor I've ever encountered in a dressed-up leaf. I have never had a bad batch of tobacco from Milan.

Pipe Used: Briar

Age When Smoked: Fresh - 1 Week

Purchased From: Milan Tobacconists

Bruck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bruck (27)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Nice tin note, burned reasonably well, mild in flavor and vitamin N. The natural tobacco flavors all came out around mid-bowl, but it just doesn't move me. Kind of bland.

Pipe Used: Cob