This exceptionally mellow blend is formulated with smooth and rich Latakia, Turkish, and Black Cavendish tobaccos.

Notes: Introduced in 2011.

BrandMilan Tobacconists
Blended ByDavid Meyer
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish
None Detected, Very Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium
Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Full, Full
clanobucklin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
clanobucklin (90)
Strong Mild Full Pleasant to Tolerable

A Super English that is rich and complex. There is a subtle casing but it is very subtle on ones palate.

I can't say if the casing is mint or chocolate but whatever it is - it's delicious. This blend makes a fine after dinner smoke and goes well with coffee

Pipe Used: McLarry of Ingalls Poker

Purchased From: Milan

Captain bob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Captain bob (38)
Medium Very Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

I am aware that BobB of recommended to Milan to duplicate FMOTT (Frog Morton On The Town) by McClelland. I reviewed this earlier before it was named Triple Crown by Milan. I have several blends in rotation. Some are Latakia blends and some are not. I appreciate a good Latakia blend, especially if it is not objected to by others around me when smoking. This is the only Latakia blend with a significant amount of Latakia content that I can smoke and not have it be objectionable to others in my company. And, I rate it right up there with my favorite "full-English", Uhle's Bishop's Move! As a result I give it four stars and will continue to reorder it from Milan. Besides, by ordering it from Milan's, I avoid the ridiculous 71% Wisconsin Excise Tax on tobacco ordered from Wisconsin within Wisconsin where Uhle's resides. The fact is, Triple Crown is good enough to become its replacement! Is it an aromatic? Yes, but it is a very light chocolate/mint (in my opinion). On the other hand, I could be mistaken. The truth is, this blend pleases me when I want a "fuller" Latakia smoke and leaves nothing to be desired in my opinion. It is a wonderful Latakia blend with a friendly aroma and very excellent Tobacco taste. Very "cool" smoking, as well. It is for Latakia lovers while not offending anyone else in the room! Truly unique in its class and very highly recommended.

Tuckers Gpa Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tuckers Gpa (29)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

This is another foray into the mysterious world of english scottish blends that begins as a lesson for me. I understand the attraction of the different ways and tastes of blending. It seems an almost heady sensation while choosing. I got his blend on a sampler pack and am glad I did. As a novice smoker I got to try different blends and have enjoyed the experience. I tried the blends my dad and grandfather liked to smoke, ane I tried alot of blends that shouldve stayed in the jar. I like this blend. It is a good crossover to the english scottish styles and has a seemingly mild enough flavor for an aro smoker to enjoy. Whenever I have questions, the food folks at Milan go the extra mile for my answers. All in all, a good choice.

SiChange Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SiChange (22)

A very enjoyable variation on medium English (or Scottish) blends, biteless and cool-smoking. No straight Virginia (or burley) leaf tasted: The base is an excellent black Cavendish. No casing was discerned---if any is present it is too subtle for me to notice given the Latakia. Orientals ribbon cut, black tobaccos rather thickly or roughly cut for a slow smoke and it burns to a white ash. This blend provides a variety of tastes as one smokes through a bowl but does not offer as rich a palette perhaps as a good standard English blend. On the other hand, few smokes are less fussy or cooler. Can be recommended to inexperienced pipe smokers and to experienced English mixture smokers as well. Brilliant.

Purchased From: Milan Tobacconists