hand picked Virginia and black Cavendish blended with pressed and matured Burley. Finished with a sweet maple note.

BrandW.O. Larsen
Strength
Taste
ifarghaly Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ifarghaly (12)

I picked up the golden dream on whim from a local pipe and tobacco store. To be honest I was having second thoughts considering how bad my experience is with aromatics. However I am glad that I got it. off the pouch a beautiful smell of bright Virginia and the sweetness of the maple topping was evident. First light was surprising good, a very enjoyable taste and nicotine hit. No tongue bite what so ever, however the tobacco does smoke hot and fast. Midway through the bowl the flavor disappears and you are left with a plane honest tobacco flavor. I would definitely recommend people to try it.

Pipe Used: db pipe

Purchased From: local department store

Raines Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Raines (15)
Medium to Strong Medium Medium to Full Strong

When you start to smoke the taste is good. But when comes the half of the bowl, the nicotine strength is too overwhelming. So I must smoke in two times to don't disgust me. I recommend that tobacco for those who like a rather strong nicotine strength without heavy taste.

joske Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
joske (2)

I found this blend to be a pleasant smoke.

A very smooth smoke, a taste that wasn't harsh nor too mild. Did not bore and did not bite the tongue.

the tobacco burnt clean to ashes, no charring or other undesirable traits.

I'd recommend it as a nice balanced smoke during the day. The nicotine level can be a bit overwhelming.

Vyl Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Vyl (1)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Honey, sweet, dessert like smell in the pouch.

Not too overly sweet, honey-like taste. The taste changes halfways, not in a bad way though, to a more "honest" tobacco taste, the former flavoring taking a backseat.

I wouldn't call the nic strength overwhelming, but certainly more than your usual aromatic.

I mostly smoke Virginias/Burleys/English blends, but this aromatic is nearly always in my rotation, and I could see it as an all-day smoke.

Recommended