Reviews: 72094 Tobaccos: 6496What's NewLoginRegister

Virginia flake made of Virginias from Africa, Brazil and USA, with the addition of Kentucky and black cavendish. Medium Strength.

BrandPaul Olsen
Blend TypeVirginia Based
ContentsCavendish, Kentucky, Virginia
Packaging100 gr. tin
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Paul Olsen - No.42 (My Own Blend).

I've noticed with the My Own Blend flake tobaccos, the contents of the tin consist of either lots of small-medium rectangles, or a lesser amount of very long flakes. This belongs to the latter of the two: 8 long flakes speckled with some light and black flecks. Sometimes, when I crack open a 100g tin I wish it was available in a smaller amount as I'm stuck with it, other times I could jump for joy I've got so much! Right now, if it wasn't for the inconvenience of sustaining a head injury in the past, I'd be jumping!

The smoke from No.42 is thick, soft, and delicious; absolutely satisfying. The Virginia doesn't hog all of the stage; as well as the grassy notes from the Virginia, the Cavendish delivers a sublime vanilla sweetness, with the Kentucky filling out the smoke. This fantastic flavour can be appreciated even more due to there being no tongue bite. It just gets even better; the smoke is also of a great temperature, helping the flavour to be savoured! And finally, the nicotine's perfect for me; mild.

I find this a brilliant blend: highly recommended.

Four stars.