Golden Virginias, light brown Burleys and just a touch of Cavendish, all mixed together in colourful experience that greets your eyes.

Easy to fill into your pipe and when lit you will experience a sweetness of ripe cherry.

Notes: Description as found on product website

BrandMac Baren

2.6
gunner525 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gunner525 (43)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This isn't your grandpa's cherry. It's a more tart tasting wild cherry flavour instead of the ever popular sweet marachino cherry flavouring. Definately a change of pace for the flavour. As with a lot of MacB blends it was a bit on the moist side in the tin. It packed wonderfully and burnt very well however. The wild cherries flavouring came through at just the right amount. Not overly powerful or completely unnoticed. Didn't get any tongue bite. Just a wonderful change of pace from the usual cherry blend. A good anytime smoke that should please both you and the Mrs.

Scupbucket Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Scupbucket (8)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

If you want to smoke your tobacco and taste full-on turbo in-your-face cherry this probably isn't your blend. If you want a mild tobacco with a little cherry hanging out in the background then go at it. Stays lit, no bite, but kinda boring.

-edit-

Came back to this after a while using a larger bowl... was able to taste the sweetness evolve into a very tasty nutty flavor. Not as bad as I thought. Bumpin this up a star....

Pipe Used: Leonessa Dublin

Wibblefishofdoom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wibblefishofdoom (111)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

I'm not sure if this is really worth the bother of going to the lengths of writing a full review but I'm going to do it anyway because I can. I only got this as I was in the mood for an aromatic but wasn't in a position to afford a full 50g, this was for sale at what was a very good price for 40g, only a couple of quid more expensive than 25g of other aros. Also, I'd yet to try a Mac Baren so it seem be a 6 pointer.

The aroma in the packet is a lovely deep cherry and this nicely follows into the initial stages of the smoke, quite a nice flavour even if it seems to lack something, might just be a little too monotone, even for an aro. In the last third to a half of the smoke though, it does fade into a sorry dull mess of muckiness and roughness, as if it's been blended with poor quality tobaccos. There's no tonguebite but there is a little roughness, I think this might have been a different kettle of fish if I'd tried it when I first started pipe smoking.

On the whole then, a quite good casing, even if it lacks that Ah! factor, let down by a poor selection of tobacco underneath. I'm still debating whether or not to struggle on with smoking it or consign it to my scragends jar, to be smoked with a whole lot of other leftovers only when times are hard. Either way, I don't plan on enduring this again.

22yrsonthepipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
22yrsonthepipe (21)
Medium Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

The best cherry blend I have tried out of - borkum cherry cavendish (ugh - bitter low quality very weak topping but the new version is better than the old), borkum cherry liquer (not bad but very weak topping), SG black cherry (not bad), mcKlintock wild cherry (not bad). This one gets 4 stars because I want to taste cherry. Every other cherry I have tried just doesn't give me the sweet fizzy strong cherry blast I am looking for, which 7 seas delivers, all the way to the bottom of the bowl (more like raspberry actually), while still being able to taste the above average quality tobacco. What all aromatics should be modeled after.

My only criticism is that it comes in a 40g pouch instead of a 50g tin.

keremgulermen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
keremgulermen (10)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant

Run away! In all mentions, its very cheap tobacco.

renwardhoop Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
renwardhoop (58)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I have a huge amount of respect for this Seven Seas range. What I am now calling the UK version of Captain Black.

Be interesting if CB do a cherry...

Cherry blends can be ghastly.

They range from the strong, harsh and hideous like Borkum Riff to the insipid and indigestion-inducing of Gawiths' Cherry.

This is somewhere in between I suppose. It has the usual fruity pouch aroma you'd expect and the first draw promises much.

The taste lingers throughout but it's an absolute sod to keep lit so it ends up getting a little sour.

I had no comment on the room note which surprised me.

Certainly well worth trying if cherry's your thing and definitely worth having in your collection. The best cherry I've tried so far.

cgar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cgar (37)

Had a chance to give this a go and found it was just plain blaah. Nothing special and not a whole lot to expand on. If you are looking for an unflavorful aromatic then this might be for you. Tin presentation was nice, moisture right, no tongue burn, but smoke and texture were weak.

nandrasg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
nandrasg (4)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This is the tobacco for a daily routine, but absolutely not for the heavy aromatic lovers. In fact you can barely notice any cherry. The pack contains what is says, virginia, burley, and some cavendish, quite dry on first sight. The smell of when opening the pack is weak, some tea-ish fruity thing, but not that overwhelming like with some other aromatics I used to smoke. Burns nice, and surprisingly long, with a massive amount of smoke, and without any bite on the tongue. On the negative side the taste is quite uninteresting and flat, the "just fire up a pipe" type. I put recommended here for the nice light aroma, the long burn and the smoke, plus the pricetag. Most reviewers will find this flat and will not recommend it I assume.

Susanna Hoffs Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Susanna Hoffs (74)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Wow a first review!

Don't worry, I haven't got a lot to say about this new 7 Seas Cherry blend. I will say it doesn't bite or gurgle, it tastes ok for what it is, and it isn't overly pungent in casing or topping.

I suppose you could call it a 'bland' cherry aromatic which isn't overly offensive. The room note wasn't as pleasant as I thought it was going to be, and I was informed of this by a nearby passive observer.

There are better cherry blends out there if this kinda thing is your bag.

(2.3 out of 5)