A well-balanced blend of choicest imported and domestic tobaccos. Rich, yet cool, wonderfully fragrant natural aroma. Slow burning, no bite.

Notes: Classic tin, almost certainly a discontinued blend.

BrandLane Limited
Blended ByLane Limited
Blend TypeAmerican
Packaging8 oz tin
Strength
Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Extremely Mild, Very Mild
Taste
Very Mild, Mild
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
2.5
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

Reviewer below (who always beats me to the punch reviewing the old weeds I send him!) pretty much said it all. This is not a knock-your-socks off blend, but it is amazing how well it has held up for more than half a century in the sealed 8 oz can, sitting on someone's bookcase! Mild unflavored black cavendish dominates at this age. I think there was a topping at some point, but it is very muted by now. Very smooth and creamy if not pushed, but push it (to a point) and one gets a bit more complexity, and can sort of taste the Virginias and burley. What a conversation piece! I will choose this blend, my oldest smokeable tobacco, if I smoke my pipe in public, and I really don't think it would offend anyone very much.

Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

I sold a large tin of this old blend on my website a few years ago and kept the other one that was sent, mainly for the tin art. But, last year I decided to give it a try. It had a roller key lid and when the seal broke there was a long hiss as the tin passed gas... I loved the smell of that tootie as there's nothing more wonderful than the smell of fermented tobacco. Wish the smell matched the taste, which was very light. Some Virginia with no bite but no depth, and a lot of Burley that was likewise bland. But boy oh boy, I still remember the wonderful odor of that tin fart.