This is a shag cut blend of light and medium brown Virginias with a high percentage of fruity black Perique. A mild, but naturally sweet pure tobacco flavour. A great choice for fans of Virginia and those looking for an alternative to Latakia blends.

BrandBrigham Enterprises Inc.
Blend TypeVirginia/Perique
ContentsPerique, Virginia
CutShag
PackagingTin
Strength
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Very Mild, Mild
2.0
grimpeur Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
grimpeur (45)
Mild None Detected Mild Tolerable

I don't entirely disagree with the two previous reviews of this blend, but I will give it a recommended rating, with an explanation.

At first, perhaps because I had the reviewer's opinions in mind, I, too, found Tudor a bit flat. But over the course of a few days, smoking it in the morning with pipes reserved for Virginia tobacco, subtle variations of the Virginia/Perique experience made themselves known. Sometimes slightly sweet, sometimes slightly savoury, each bowl became quietly interesting. For my taste, it is something I would only smoke indoors during those times when I can give the smoke my attention. This blend won't become a mainstay in my rotation, but I will pick up a few more tins to see how the flavour develops with a few years of age

Krosham Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Krosham (11)
Mild None Detected Very Mild Tolerable

Unfortunately in Canada there are not a whole lot of choices if you are into VaPers. This one is super bland....I had to work it pretty hard just to get it hot enough to get ANY flavor out of it. What I did get was not worth the effort. Poor description. Canadian's looking for a VaPers fix best look for Peterson's Irish Oak. This blend is disappointing to say the least.

Bluenoser Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bluenoser (34)
Medium None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable

If you think your getting a replacement for Elizabethan Mixture, which is in fact what Brigham is attempting here, you will probably be as saddened to the same degree as when you were eight years old and didn't get that train set you wanted so badly at Christmas. I cannot, for the life of me locate any perique leaf in this mixture. It certainly smelled promising when I popped the cover from the tin. There was a vague and very brief moment where I thought Mr. Will had indeed replicated an ol'time favorite. Unfortunately the taste did not follow through. What you do have here is a very bland virginia that I can only "somewhat recommend" in a very cautious way. I won't be purchasing this again and with the 47.5 grams I have remaining I'll be adding 5% of blending perique and letting it sit for a couple of months before trying it again.