Pipe tobacco with a very fine and superb fragrance. It is a choice of the best small leaves of Syrian Latakia, mahogany colored spicy Burleys and Bright Virginias.

Notes: Discontinued. Replaced by Serenata (Mixture No.28).

BrandBrebbia
Tolerable to Strong
flakey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
flakey (43)
Medium Mild Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

Not sure if this and English Mixture #8 are one in the same as has been suggested; my tin says Classic English Mix #80 so this is where I'm putting it!

Latakia seems to be the predominant taste here, sitting on top. Burley is very present here also. I don't really notice the Virginia, but I suspect it's there more than I realise. Is there a topping of some sort also maybe? This blend has a peculiar flavor component to it that for some reason reminds me of chewing on a fresh wine cork... I like it. I smell it also in the tin note, but not as much as I taste it in the bowl. The flavors play nicely I think, and the bowl develops a bit of spice similar to the perique effect towards the end. Burley bitter I guess, not unpleasantly so. Seems to be a fair, but not large, amount of vitamin N. Usually had to do a couple relights, but then... I smoked most of this tin before it had much chance to dry out.

You know, I seem to have developed quite the jones for this blend. Good stuff. My only complaint is the price...I just think it's a little overpriced... that's not going to stop me from buying more though.

Overall I give it three stars. The price makes me want to knock a half star off, but my jones makes me want to add an extra half star... we'll just meet in the middle.