Choice Cavendish tobaccos, imported vanilla and
other flavorings are combined in a special curing
process to create this delightfully cool burning,
flavorful and aromatic blend.

BrandTinder Box
ContentsCavendish
CountryUnknown
Strength
Taste
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

You get a little tobacco taste in this, but basically, it a monochromatic vanilla blends that doesn't have much going for it. I did get the sense of another sweet flavor, but it's minor, and I couldn't put my finger on what it was. Well, it's an okay blend, but kind of boring. If you're going to buy a vanilla cavendish from the Tinderbox, the Captain Spice is better, though not by a whole lot.

Big Easy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big Easy (2)

I was unfortunate to have started with this tobacco, because the closest Tinderbox is a 2 1/2 to 3 hours drive. It's really an exceptional blend of tobacco. As a novice pipe smoker, it did tend to have a bit of a bite (trying to smoke a pipe like a cigarette). Halfway through the package, the bite was gone and a smooth, mellow, vanilla and whiskey experience occurred. The room note it left was complimented on by family, friends, and co-workers. I'd definitely recommend this tobacco if you enjoy mellow aromatics.

sagesmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
sagesmoke (14)

This came in a boxed set with 3 other Tinderbox aromatics I bought in 2004. Another vanilla aromatic. Not much stood out about this one for me. Not a bad blend just not memorable. Tinderbox Captain Spice is still the winner in my opinion.

JohnnyCrash Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JohnnyCrash (3)
Medium to Strong Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I got three tobaccos from TinderBox during a recent blowout sale. Crown Royale, After Dinner, and Cherry Almond.

Crown Royale has imported vanilla, whereas After Dinner has vanilla and caramel. In comparison, Crown Royale has a bit more tobacco flavor and the vanilla flavor seems a bit more spice than sweet. Crown Royale is still an aromatic, but it has less sweetness and more tobacco than After Dinner.

The room note is nice. The flavor is nice. A pleasant smoke all around. Not sure where I'd rank it, maybe a 6.5-7 on a scale to 10. I think Reserve 1928 is still my favorite from TB, and my local tobacconist's blend is up there too... Crown Royale breaks up the routine though and offers a change of pace.