A smooth classical flake tobacco prepared after traditional English methods from only the best grades of Virginia leaf with a high content of natural sweetness, gently matured to bring out its optimum of natural tobacco flavours. Slow burning with cool smoke and the typical sweet taste of dried figs and prunes.

Notes: Formerly known as Mellow Navy Cut.

BrandDan Tobacco
None Detected, Extremely Mild, Mild
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
Mild None Detected Mild Very Pleasant

I smoked Kriswill over a decade ago and the memory of its light yet sweet presentation remains. In fact, everytime i sell a Kriswill pipe I think of this blend. It was so long ago when i smoked it that I had to go to my notes. I gave it an 8 out of 10 and underlined the words light, sweet. Just a nice Virginia for those who enjoy less strength and still want flavor.

Pipestud

Doudeijns Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Doudeijns (5)

The tobacco deliveres exactly what the tin promises: it burns slowly and does give a nice cool smoke. I've bought the 250 gram pouch about a year ago and keep it in an airtight container - because I forgot about it. I feel it needs that time as I remember that I found the initial smokes disappointing. Loosened and normally packed in a middle size bowl, it lasts easily ninety minutes.

Pipe Used: Rhodesian

Age When Smoked: 1 year

Purchased From: Dan Tobacco

Gunnar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gunnar (9)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant

This is a very mild Virginia flake tobacco, very similar to Capstan Yellow. Nice developement of flavor throughout the bowl.