A combination of Cherry Cavendish and Latakia provides a sweet, smooth and spicy smoke.

Notes: This project, created in honor of a local Smoking Club, is a spicy twist on a classic dessert: cherry pie with a tang. Ingredients: Cherry Cavendish with a “spec” of Latakia

BrandUhle's
Blended ByJack Uhle
Blend TypeAmerican
ContentsCavendish, Latakia
FlavoringCherry
Strength
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
2.5
The Right Reverend Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Right Reverend (26)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Tolerable

I like cherry tobaccos, I love Latakia. I really wanted this to work. For me it did not. In the beginning it was a nice natural cherry with the Latakia playing second fiddle and making an interesting taste, not great, but interesting. Then about halfway through the Latakia raiders came... The cherry completely disappeared and I was left with a very unpleasant tongue bitey heavy Latakia. It just was not fun anymore, not even pleasant. The smoke had very little smell to it and no sweatiness of aromatic whatsoever. Perhaps I had a bad turn of it, but it will be awhile until I try smoking the rest of my stock.

clanobucklin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
clanobucklin (26)
Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I don't know who blended this amazing tobacco but whoever did - my hat's off to them.

I first heard about this blend - when Alex suggested I try it - when he quizzed me about what kind of blends I enjoyed.

When he told me the ingredients Cherry Cavendish & Latakia - a light went off in my head - "Eureka!" I thought - this sounds like something I want to try.

Well friends, this is one of my favorite blends from Uhles. It hits the sweet spot every time. First of the all the smokiness - from the Latakia - lends itself to a nice medium English - while the Cherry Cavendish satisfies the hunger for something a little sweet - that one gets from a well made Aromatic.

The tobacco smokes creamy and has some excellent spice. There is complexity, depth, balance and finesse - not usually found in crossover blends.

It's as brilliant a combination as mixing Chocolate with Peanut butter ala Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Highly Recommended. I would add more Stars if I could.