A mixture of selected Golden Virginia leaf tobacco processed to provide a cool and mild smoke. This is not a cased blend.

BrandDan Tobacco
Blended ByDan Tobacco
Strength
Extra Strong
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Mild, Mild to Medium, Overwhelming
1.2
colt25314 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
colt25314 (41)
Extremely Mild Extra Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Overwhelming

This was so bad I thought it had spoiled (I'm not even sure if tobacco can spoil in the same way milk does, but if it can here is the proof). It was so bad I went online and ordered another tin from a different retailer; and guess what? Spoiled milk again. The only positive thing I can say about Non Plus is it is consistently nasty, fowl and vomit like in flavor. I am a big fan of Dan Tobacco's products and was horrified that this product bore their name. Please, no really please, try one of their other excellent blends and skip this one.

Philo Beddoe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Philo Beddoe (140)
Very Mild Extra Strong Overwhelming Tolerable to Strong

Based on so many bad reviews I was curious to taste this much maligned blend, so when I found a tin on the clearance rack I had to try it. Yes it really is that bad, it is very likely the second worst tobacco I have ever tasted, after Apple.

I tasted an overwhelming grandma's perfume flavor that was truly awful to behold. I didn't believe it could be this bad but it is. The tongue bite was almost instant, perhaps the CIA could use this for interrogation purposes, but other than that it has no uses I can imagine.

Courtney Evans Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Courtney Evans (2)
Mild Extra Strong Very Full Pleasant to Tolerable

The memory of this tobacco haunts me to this day. I have severed all ties with the person who insisted I try it, and destroyed the pipe it was smoked in.

Things I would rather smoke than this blend: -C4 -Donald Trump's hairpiece -The powdered brains of my own children

The only worse-tasting tobacco I've ever encountered was when a friend of mine took some chopped up pieces of a tree, put them in a bag, and gave them to me as a joke.

Lochinvar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lochinvar (71)
Mild to Medium Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Holly's huh? I think I would rather have eaten a holly bush the way this stuff tasted and torched my tongue. While I dont favor aromatics as a rule, I never really understood why some were so ardently against them. After smoking the Spanish Inquisition in tobacco form, I know why many avoid them.

Tamper Tamper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tamper Tamper (2)
Mild to Medium Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

The work of a madman. Mind bogglingly awful. I can't get over it. This stuff tastes like fabric softener. Ruined my pipe. This is like that black soap you buy at the joke shop. Well..the joke's on me. Smells great in the tin, though. Might work well as potpourri for the bathroom. Your wives will love it!

mainspring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mainspring (27)
Strong Extra Strong Overwhelming Pleasant to Tolerable

The most insulting-on-the-taste-buds tobacco I have tasted in my 30 years of pipe smoking. If you must try this stuff, for goodness sake use a corncob instead of a briar. The flavorings in this "tobacco" will stay with your pipe for eternity!

DUPE.629 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

November-2003.Holly's Non Plus Ultra. I could certainly taste the virginia along with something resembling perfume perhap's? It light's & burn's easily. But after a few hours my tongue feel's very tender,this is a 'sneaky' tobacco indeed,as I had no warning of this while smoking. I'm not prone to being bitten by tobacco either,so watch out!

Very Mild Very Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable

Here we go again. Some dummy squeezed bar soap juice on what once was a fine virginia tobacco. Worse, it was a floral soap!

If you want to smoke something that in no way resembles tobacco, then here you go. Otherwise, steer clear of this soot!

lustra Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lustra (170)
Medium Strong Medium to Full Tolerable

The lowest circle of piper's hell: This stuff tastes like perfume smells.

Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I wouldn't go as far as the claim in the name, but this still is an enjoyable smoke. Yellow and brown VAs result in a tin aroma that is initially very strong and reminds me of the Orlick VAs. However,I believe there is no casing. The tobacco has been partially rubbed out and results in an even packing with a unifrom burn rate. The flavor is consistent throughout the smoke and not influenced by varying bowl sizes. If you enjoy straight VAs, you might like this one. A slightly wetter smoke towards the bottom of the bowl than I prefer, but still tolerable.