Slow burning, rough, white Burley. Seasoned to round out its robust flavor and offer many hours of enjoyment to the devotee of Burley.

BrandMilan Tobacconists
Blend TypeBurley Based
ContentsBurley
Strength
Mild, Medium
Extremely Mild
Taste
Mild, Medium
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
2.5
Medium Extremely Mild Medium Tolerable

A straight white burley blend that offers a bit of earth, wood, and nuts with some roughness and sharp notes. Whatever was used as a topping to tone it down takes an edge off of it with a touch of sweetness, but does little else. Has a mid to medium nic-hit. Won’t bite, but can burn harsh. Burns clean and a little slow with a consistent flavor. Leaves little moisture in the bowl, but needs some relights. Has a little bitterness in the after taste and at the finish. Not an all day smoke, and works better as a mixer.

cbarden2 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cbarden2 (1)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I am new to the pipe world but not new to smoking tobacco. I have become a big fan of Milan but I have also become a big fan of Burleys as they are a pure form of tobacco that generally doesn't bite. This Burley 101 did give me a bit of a bite on my first bowl full but I tend to pull pretty hard sometimes. I have been mixing Milan's Black Cavendish with the Burley in a 1:2 ratio and seems to smooth it out a bit. I also have the 401 which I think is somewhat similar to this my mixture. I am not sure which one I like more. Overall, I really enjoy the 101 and recommend it especially in a briar mini or corncob.