A lightly aromatic, classic American Burley tobacco. This exceptionally mild blend has just a hint of sweetness and not even a suggestion of "bite".

BrandGeorgetown Tobacco
Blend TypeBurley Based
ContentsBurley
Strength
Taste
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
2.0
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

The burley offers nuts, earth, and a little cocoa and molasses, none of which really stands out. I’m not sure about the topping, but it has a light sweetness and mildly tones down the burley. The nic-hit is very mild. Won’t bite or get harsh. Burns cool and clean at a moderate pace with a consistent flavor. Leaves little moisture in the bowl, and needs an average number of relights. Has a rather plain after taste. An all day smoke. Two and a half stars.

Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Berkeburley was Georgetown Tobacco's greatest seller according to the their long time tobacconist (whose name has long left my poor memory banks). I used to smoke this about once a year until my tin ran out. Just too light for me on a regular basis, but with slow sipping, I could really coax the fine flavor out. Of course, I could also puff on it like a freight train and never get bitten. There was an added something in this one - I think. I compare it favorably to Prince Albert, in a lighter, more refined way.

Pipestud