100% pure cuban tobacco. [Tin itself does not provide any longer description].

BrandRobert McConnell
ContentsCigar Leaf
Packaging50 gr tin
CountryUnknown
Strength
Strong, Very Strong
None Detected, Strong
Taste
Full, Overwhelming
Tolerable, Tolerable to Strong

2.0
Papillon6 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Papillon6 (17)
Strong Strong Full Tolerable to Strong

This should be used as a blending tobacco. I've only had one Cuban cigar in my life. Brought back by a friend in the Navy. It had a full flavour that almost had a smoked meat aftertaste. Pleasant but demanding on the palette. McConnell's pure Cuban does taste authentic but I don't think anyone will like it straight, so I began blending...

I've found that it will work well with a light virginia at the otherend to pull the pile of flavour's out of the Cuban.

Then I sometimes add a slight pinch of Perique to reinforced and deepen the Cuban.

Burley's nuttiness didn't work for me as an ingredient so I don't recommend it.

Latakia(which is basically a light Virginia in my book) worked very well. Like adding cream to coffee. Again, drawing out the flavour.

Cavendish is a fine way to keep the original richness of the Cuban while it carries the notes on a pillow of sweet acrid mist almost.

My best blend so far is as follows...

One part Pure Cuban One part Light Virginia or Latakia Two parts Cavendish(Non-Cased) Pinch of Perique

This is the fullest personal blend I've ever made. Keeps you interested all night with a rewardingly deep smoke.

mkorbas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mkorbas (6)
Very Strong None Detected Overwhelming Tolerable

I tried once to cut a cigar in thin slices and smoke it in a pipe. The feeling is the same: awful. If I don't defenestrate this tin, I'll try to blend it with something else and come back with the results. [All my reviews/ratings are based solely on my personal experience/taste].

[UPDATE 05-05-10]: I didn't blend it, but I rolled some filtered cigarettes with it. Magnificent! (It's cut thin enough to do so).