In tribute to the first pipe-smokers of America, whose negotiations were sealed with the calumet, we offer this soothing, peaceful blend. A cool-smoking, rich Latakia blend, perfect for moments of peaceful deliberation.The pungent, alluring aroma results from aging in the can almost two years.

Blended ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Latakia
Medium, Full
Very Pleasant, Tolerable

Calumet is rich and smoky, but not unlike many Latakia laden blends I've smoked. I guess since my tin was one of the old originals, the fermentation process had really done its job and this one shined. I compare it to Rattray's Black Mallory with a little less sweetness but more strength.

vaperfavour Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
vaperfavour (30)
Mild to Medium None Detected Full Very Pleasant

um, yeah, another incredible blend.Incense, incense, incense.This tastes and smells of incense. I love it!! I am not a fan of Cyprian, but in this blend the Cyprian is subdued, just peeking in and out throughout the bowl. I dont know how old it is for there is no date code on the tin. The smell emanating from the pipe is incredible. I wonder why I like this so much! A very peaceful blend, indeed. Voluminous smoke, a little light in Vitamin N, but that's okay. There is a kind of clay like taste that just peeks through that reminds me of BS 759. The latakia has a bit of that "Dung" taste, but it quickly transforms to a bit of that smooth soapy taste that some lat's have, but all the while the Incense taste pops up. quite good, one of the best cyprian I have ever had, though I am no expert on latakia blends. This blend really shines in a meerschaum. Yep, 4 stars!