Starting with a rich and complex mixture of three different Virgina tobaccos and a fine blend of Turkish ribbon a generous portion of Cyprian Latakia has been added. Then just a touch of Perique provides a bit of spice. Alan's Inspiration is a medium English Mixture.

BrandChief Catoonah Tobacconist
Unnoticeable
lestrout Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lestrout (4)
Medium None Detected Medium Unnoticeable

Alan's Inspiration is joining my other favorite Englishes in my Top100 cellar. In the tin (actually a baggy), the composition is made up of a good half dozen different leaf forms and the aroma is representative of the English family.

I enjoy the flavors of the Latakia and Turkish weaving among the Virginias. I don't know if there are other Orientals in the mix, and the strength puts this squarely in my all-day portfolio.

The ribbon cut packs easily. AI burns well, requiring only a charring light. The taste develops with moderate complexity and without surprises. It stays lit to the bottom of my bowls without fuss and is thoroughly enjoyable. I particularly like the sidestream from the bowl. To me, within the Chief's lineup, it is intermediate between Joe's Morning Pipe and BBB Mixture, which I puff later in the day.

If you don't like Englishes or Balkans, or specifically Latakia, you will not be able to appreciate this fine blend. As a reference point, within this flavor profile space, I also like H&H Larry's Blend, Pease Westminster, Park Lane's Old Church, Frog Mortons, Dunhill London Mixture, and Georgetown.

hp les