Artistic balance by the blenders hand gathers together the distinct flavor of sweet African Malawi tobacco, delicate Turkish, golden Virginia and Latakia into a classic match. The Latakia does not overpower the blend, but lends its spicy taste as a contrast to the sweetness of this mixture.

BrandGeorgetown Tobacco
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Latakia
Strength
Taste
dkh141 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dkh141 (1)

First allow me to state that I am relatively new to pipe smoking, having only enjoyed it for a about six months. However, I have smoked a variety of blends during this period so I do have some context for comparison.

I was looking for a blend with a bit more flavor than the aromatics I had been smoking but I also wanted something that wouldn't offend my girlfriend's nose. This blend meets both of those criteria.

It is precisely as advertised; very well balanced, mild on the palate but with good leathery flavor, and the Malawi does indeed seem to add a subtle sweetness which is very enjoyable.

And the room note? My girlfriend said "that doesn't smell like much", which is just what I was looking for. I however, think it smells delightful.

Overall I would say this is a truly enjoyable English blend.

slightlyfermentedvirginiaflake Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
slightlyfermentedvirginiaflake (10)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This might well be the best blend Georgetown Tobacco has to offer. A very light tobacco in which all the component tobaccos are well-blended yielding a very complimentary balance. This blend almost seems like an aromatic. But just when I expected the awful glycerin casing flavor to take over... a wonderful sweetness emerged(the African Malawi?). I am not sure what to classify this tobacco... The Turkish and Latakia have a subtle presence but I believe the base tobacco is some sort of aromatic(?) Regardless, I was never offended by the foul taste which tends to accompany aromatics.

Overall, this is a fine blend. Again, likely this one might also show up at your favorite local tobacconist. So, I probably will not mail-order. However, if one happens to be in Washington DC...I recommend giving this blend a try! And yes, a little airing out helps this blend on all counts.

Taste Buds Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taste Buds (135)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

This is a lovely light English of Malawi burley, turkish and virginia and a touch of latakia. It needs some drying, which greatly improves the taste and burning qualities. Cool smoking, easy burning and a lovely light flavor make this a winner for me. I agree with all that the previous reviewer has said.

Lowland Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lowland Piper (12)

This is one of their fabulous house blends. They still produce their own high-quality and interesting pipe tobaccos for their local store.

Their description in the store includes a comment about this blend containing lemony, bright Virginia leaf. I think that is accurate to add to the description.

This is a VERY mild English blend. The Latakia is there in the background to round out the flavor, but the lemony Virginia leaf and mild orientals are the by far the dominant taste.

In a smaller bowl pipe, I really tasted a lot of the citrus.

In a wider, deeper pipe, this blend reminds me of an even milder Frog Morton on the Town. I really like this blend and plan to stock up on some more next time I am downtown. It's almost aromatic ... but still a flavorful, very mild English blend.

Smokes great and keeps flavor all the way to the bottom. The great thing is it is priced like a bulk, house tobacco -- much cheaper and just as tasty as more expensive tinned blends at nearly twice the price.