A carefully balanced blend of choice Virginia and dark Cavendish tobaccos. Richly aromatic, rough cut for cool burning.

BrandTinder Box
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
Strength
Taste

2.9
RyeWhiskey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
RyeWhiskey (43)

Pretty much like what has already been said. Rougher cut, looks like a RLP-6. Somewhat smaller tobacco than Captain Black White. Has the vanilla/molasses bit going on. Smokes smooth, with even tamping, and no relights. Easy going, but since you actually have to get this in only one location, Tinderbox, it won't make my rotation once I'm finished. I have other Vanilla-ish/Aromatics that are just as good if not better.

If you get to Tinderbox and grab some then enjoy. Nothing to make special trip for. 2 stars only on proximity and redundancy. It would be three, but that's whay I gave RLP-6, so..

Puffingstuff Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Puffingstuff (81)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

Chartwell/ Lane-RLP-6. It's like Captain Black White Label with a rougher cut. Maybe it's not the same tobacco but it sure tastes like it. As I mentioned, it's rough cut and has dark and bright leaf. Packs easy, lights easy. I can sense that molases, chocolate, and Licorice were used to flavour this blend. Has a heavy aromatic scent that lingers and most will like. Mid-way down the bowl the molases comes out and is deep with the tobacco almost producing a taste and smell of lose leaf chewing tobacco. A good aromatic and tastey smoke.

llazy_llama Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
llazy_llama (3)
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant

My favorite of the Tinderbox blends. This one is a very mild blend, but with enough complexity to be added to my regular rotation. A cool burning, mellow blend, and a great all-day smoker.

A solid four stars on the aromatic chart for me. Tinderbox Chartwell (Made by Lane and brandeded RLP-6), is called Ram at my local tobacco shop and is the shop's number two seller behind only Lane's 1-Q. It produces a nice sweet taste (chocolate/vanilla), and absolutely will not bite. A slow smoke produces little dottle. Rev up your smoking cadence and you will need to swab the lower deck with a paper towel once the tobacco has been consumed.

The cut is rather thick (broad cut), but it burns very evenly and stays lit extremely well for an aromatic blend. If your veins hunger for nicotine you'll starve them with this blend.

neoclassical Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
neoclassical (9)

One of my all time favorites. Similar to CB White, but much better. Smooth and delightful. I smoke outside so I don't know what the room note is like, but nobody complains. Burns cool.

Peppino Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Peppino (74)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is a nice change of pace from from the Latakia and Virginia's that I smoke. This is Lane's RLP-6 so you may look that up as well for more ratings. For me I like the flavor and it burns to a nice white ash. That is rare in a aromatic tobacco.

I tasted a Plum finish on this English blend. Latakia was definitely present throughout the smoke. Nice sweet taste with Latakia. It was kind of in the Count Pulaski family of Crossovers. Worth a shot! 3 of 4 stars,

Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant

It's been a while since I smoked this, so this won't be the most informative review, but I remember it being good and wanted to get it on the database. It is a rough-cut blend of Virginia and black cavendish, and had a wonderful smell in the bag. Good smoke too. If I get back to a Tinderbox I'll pick up some more.

3-2-10 RE: the above review-I'm sure what I had didn't have Latakia! There is another Chartwell by Milan...