This blend, created by long time smoker Art A., is a wonderful blend of Red Virginias, Perique, Latakia and Orientals.

BrandMars cigars & pipes
ContentsLatakia, Oriental/Turkish, Perique, Virginia
Strength
None Detected, Extremely Mild
Taste
Passion Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Passion (28)

I've tried both the bufflehead tinned version, and the Mar's version. Both are good. I'm not a huge perique fan, but there isn't much in here to my taste buds. The virginia comes out the most. This is the only blend I regularly smoke that contains perique.

Very nice introduction to some blends that have multiple flavors profiles. I definitely like it for a change of pace away from my heavier latakia and balkan blends.

CRDesertpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CRDesertpipe (2)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a two pronged review, as I have tried both the Mars offering and the original Bufflehead Art's Mixture. The Mars version is a good place for a VA/VaPer smoker, or for that matter an Aro smoker, to crossover into the land of Latakia. A bit sweet from the Va's, it allows one to test a Latakia blend without being overwhelmed by the usual large dose of this tobacco, to the exclusion of other components. I give the Mars version 3 stars. The Bufflehead version, Art's Mixture, has the added treat of superior VA's, which have aged extremely well. If you can find this one, you are in for a real treat. More complexity from the age and components, and excellent flavor and balance. 4 Stars.

Medium Extremely Mild Medium Very Pleasant

Art is actually the administrator for the popular Internet website smokersforums.co.uk. He gifted me a sample of Art's Endeavor so that I could be one of his test marketers. Art, this one passed the test with flying colors! What I liked about this blend is that it had an aromatic element that was discreet, yet allowed the smoker to taste the tobacco flavor at the same time. Not a complicated smoke, but one that reminded me of Prince Albert on steroids with a misting of Vanilla and chocolate. Delicious stuff!

Punchy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Punchy (19)
Extremely Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable

This is an absolute beginner's blend. High grade tobaccos are present, but the smoke is extremely light with little or no body. I do detect the flavor of the red virginia, but it is very thin. Although this blend is far better in quality than most, I can only reccomend it to the novice.