Fully aged matured Virginia, Xanthi, and light Latakia. An uncommonly smooth, rich, and broken flake.

BrandGrant's Tobacconist
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Latakia
Strength
Taste
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
Cochon74 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cochon74 (21)

This was my first English blend - at the recommendation of my local tobacconist. I was not disappointed. It is a good introduction to the style... especially for a novice pipe smoker.

It's an easy smoke, although I find I need two matches to light it. It burns steadily and the Latakia is present enough make its flavor known.

Will I go back to it before trying any number of other English blends? Probably not. But is it a fine, light English blend in its own right? Absolutely.

PipeSmoker408 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PipeSmoker408 (6)

From the pouch, it has the distinct, faint "ketchup" smell, which is the virginas, after that I smell the Latakia. I'm not sure how the Xanthi is supposed to smell like? (This the Oriential tobacco???) The blend is semi-moist and I needed a 2 match light to get it burning just right. It's broken flake and I quickly rubbed it out, but left most of it in the flake, which didn't have any issues with keeping it lit. After the initial charring, the 2nd light did the trick and it burned slow and evenly. It smokes great, has a light earthy-campfire taste which I can smoke all day since it's a very light to light english blend with a great taste that does not overwhelm me. This is my first time trying Camelot and it will in my stock of tobacco, which now I have around 45 blends. A great tobacco that if you like a english, but not too heavy, I believe you will like Camelot.