Our most full bodied black cavendish blend. A rich mellow flavor and aroma.

BrandTinder Box
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
3.2
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The first few puffs always seemed a little harsh and toasty to me, but it settles down rather quickly into a mellow chocolate and vanilla experience that wears well the rest of the way down. There is no tobacco taste. The nic-hit is very minor. Burns at a moderate pace, fairly cool and smooth after the initial lights with a very consistent flavor. Leaves a little moisture in the bowl, but avoids dottle. Needs some relights. I never got tongue bite from this one, which is not always the case for blends in this genre. Has a very nice after taste and room note. Can be an all day smoke.

doc pipes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
doc pipes (21)

Another TBI blend smoked many moons ago, but memorable because of the positive experience. This stuff smells great and the sidestream can be easily appreciated by the smoker. This stuff doesn't seem to be heavily cased, and I could detect no topping. The smoke was mellow and could be pushed without biting. The taste is generally dark and sweet, with a notable sweet spice note of clove and licorice. Not bad at all. I would easily recommend this to any newcomer to the art of pipe smoking.

Pipe Used: Dr Grabow Lark

Age When Smoked: fresh bulk

Purchased From: The Tinder Box

RyeWhiskey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
RyeWhiskey (43)

A very nice black Cavendish 'baccy. Fairly big leaves broken up, a stem or so every other bowl. Smells nice in the jar, has a faint chocholate aroma too it. Chars nicely and stays lit for the most part going all the way down. The mid-bowl is where it's at. Has some nice sweetness going on there, the aroma is nice and leaves a good note after you're done. It's not my favorite, I have others, but is a good tobacco if you want to try good aromatic and are at the Tinderbox.

Good mellow, sweet and nice aroma. Better than some tinned tobacco.

SmokeBeard Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeBeard (1)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

Love this, super black, hint of vanilla, I get a hint of mocha but maybe my taste buds are fried lol. This is my go-to. Waking up? Have a cup of coffee and midnight. Headed to bed soon? Have some dark spiced rum and a bowl of midnight. I've not really had tongue burn with this one, but it may just be the pipes I smoke it in.

I love this one.

Pipe Used: Nordings to cobs, tastes great in all I've tried

Age When Smoked: Bulk

Purchased From: Tinderbox in Memphis

Similar Blends: Let me know, I need an alternative as Memphis is an hour away.

The Spied Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Spied Piper (1)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Medium Very Pleasant

My favorite black Cavendish so far. It has a great aroma and as many other reviewers have stated, it hits it's stride mid-bowl. The room note is probably it's best feature in my opinion, and that of my wife :) It burns cool with no no bite and a wonderful exotic taste common to the Cavendish style.

Pipe Used: 2 year old Brebbia Briar

Age When Smoked: Fresh/Bulk

Purchased From: Tinder Box

rtheen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rtheen (3)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This is a great aromatic in my opinion. Many aromatics have tongue bite and other problems with taste. This however does a vanilla and cream like flavor quite well. It is a very moist tobacco so get the pipe cleaner ready, but with a churchwarden or corncob it is very nice. Room note is amazing, this is one of the tobaccos that everyone says they love the smell of pipe tobacco. Wife and family friendly. The flavor is mild tobacco but strong aromatic. This is my most repurchased aromatic that is cheap and easily bought at my local tinderbox.

Pipe Used: Corncob, meershaum, and churchwarden