Our first winter tobacco with a fantastic aroma and taste. Red and golden Virginia, combine with two kinds of Black Cavendish. A delicious and intense flavor of baked apples, roasted almonds and bourbon vanilla make this a lovely blend pleasing to the senses.

BrandPeterson

3.4
Zeno_Croatia Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zeno_Croatia (7)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I bought this yesterday and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I can feel the almond taste, room note is really pleasant (approved by my wife), there were no tongue bites and the tobacco burned evenly.

I can recommend this tobacco, it's my evening chillout tobacco, together with Mac Baren's Original Choice.

Still, there are thousands of tobaccos I haven't tried yet, so take this review with some reserve. ;)

Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

Quality aromatic based on rich Black Cavendish with vanilla taste and some fruitlike undertones. Low tongue bite compared to most aromatics, and perfect moisture level in the tin.

roachman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
roachman (4)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I have most of the peterson's "special editions" and i must say this is another high quality blend. The vanilla flavour hit me first when i opened the tin. I enjoy this smoke but not as an every day smoke, gave me some tongue bite ( i have a sensitive tongue ). I enjoy smoking this slowly with a sherry..must still try this with an eggnog :)

panfolk Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
panfolk (6)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

My only complaint is that the apple-note is indistinct. Otherwise a lovely blend.

twokidslater Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
twokidslater (7)

I have just finished my second of the two tins I originally purchased (not easy to find and not cheap in Taiwan) and I had to add this to the list of reviews that seem to over inflate this tobacco. Sure, when you open a tin of this it smells wonderful... BUT, when you smoke it you had better make sure it isn't too wet or too dry or you'll end up with bite that'll take days to recover from. If you are a true hobbyist, this tobacco has some real nice aromatic qualities, but there is better out there.

Oh... remember... bite comes from a chemical burn and your bite ratio (saliva interaction) will differ from others. What bites one may not bite another.

Hope this helps!

Chatsworth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Chatsworth (52)
Mild Mild Medium Very Pleasant

A very pleasant smell and taste. A very bushy ribbony cut. The room note is very nice. Smoked dry. Very attractive tin, and as others have noted a foldover baggie, and no vacuum seal, so just get to it, and don't plan to stock up extras.

The Full English Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Full English (31)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

A Christmas tobacco blend should really be a nice winter-warmer, and Peterson's seasonal debut seems to tick all the right boxes from the off, with a superb, bold statement of spiced apples and vanilla undertones. The mixture is colourful and light and there's none of the heavyweight casing that you might usually expect from a highly fragrant cavendish base. Blink and you may have missed this offering, as I also suspect that it was released in limited number - and rather too close to Christmas for many to have paid attention. That said, it's pretty much a tobacco for the here and now, what with being contained in a lightly sealed plastic bag, rather than vacuum packed. Those with more than one tin may wish to find an alternative container for longevity purposes.

I expected big things from this, but actually, I find it to be a rather temperamental smoke: puffed too fast, it tastes rather bland and papery, and it also swings between being wet and dry, pending your environment. It's most certainly best smoked slowly, which allows the flavour - particularly the apple - to come through nicely. Despite a nondescript initial lighting, it becomes much tastier and fuller towards the bottom half of the bowl, resembling the tin description more faithfully. Again, it's a difficult tobacco to judge, because I've experienced some festive cheer through some great bowls, yet a wicked tongue-bite with others.

I'd happily buy the 2010 version, and this 2009 concoction is far from being a botch-job, but I would expect more of a Christmas blend from a master tobacconist than this actually delivers.

eamonclever Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
eamonclever (45)

First of all, i was lucky to get one - obviously Peterson was not quite sure, if the market would accept two special editions. Big fault-as long as they are made of this high quality, there is always space to sell them. I am no big aro smoker, i just use them for a change of pace, mostly in the cold winter months. Some of my friends come to visit me & they and their families are not used to the smell of latakia blends or pure va which i usally smoke. So I smoke winter/christmas tobaccos. The flavoring of this tobacco is marvelous to me because it is sweet but not sticky or bland, the cavendish notes are well balanced with the va leaves. The only thing I don´t like about the tobacco it is not easy to smoke in little bowls. It is a tobacco for big ones not even for medium bowls. The room note: always a pleaser No recommendation because it is sold out Hopefully it is reproduced next year.

gildervoigts Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gildervoigts (16)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Very Pleasant

This is a very aromatic tobacco, but wow is it good.

Upon opening the tin I was captivated by a very sweet and fragrant smell of apples, a hint of vanilla, and some other spices mixed in that made my mouth water. I filled the pipe using the Frank method, and lit her up. At first I was puffing to fast, and to hard and I realized that it really didn't have any flavor that I should be expecting with this blend. I put it aside and went and made some coffee. When I started it again I puffed slower and took sips and the flavor came out really well. It tastes similar to apple coffee cake without the sweet frosting.

My wife noticed the smell of apples bellowing out of my man cave and came in and said that the tobacco smelled really good.

The only complaint that I have is that the tobacco isn't vacuumed sealed in the tin so storing a second or third tin for awhile is going to be a bit of a challenge.

Whiskeymick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Whiskeymick (1)

I'm not generally a huge fan of aromatics but this has a beautifully creamy aroma in the pouch and smokes as good as it says on the tin! Very impressive.

Dikos Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dikos (12)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Very nice aromatic. Not so sweet as Cube from MAc Baren, and not so monotone as Signature from W.O. Larsen. Different taste during all smoking. I smoke this stuff with filter so..no bite at all.Trully taste of Christmas. Good job.

Pip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pip (36)

The tin note is sweet, tangy and very aromatic. The vanilla bourbon takes front and center with apples and almonds in the background. The tobacco is high quality and not goopy at all. The moisture content is good and I didn't have to dry it out before packing my pipe. I got no bite at all from this tobacco and it produces nice big plumes of white smoke. The room note is delightful.

In general, I am not a big aromatic smoker. But I have to admit that this is darn tasty. I couldn't smoke it every day but, it's a real nice desert smoke that hits the spot when you're in the mood. Plus it's a great tobacco to share with your pipe smoking buddies and to relax and enjoy the holiday season.

Cheers

rhapsodyofmetal Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rhapsodyofmetal (42)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I love holiday niche tobaccos and this fits the bill. It comes in Yule packaging,smells like XMAS,and tastes wonderful.

The smell is as described of Vanilla and Baked Apples.

The taste is smooth. Hardly any bite! All in all a wonderful Peterson tobacco and an even better Holiday tobacco.