Four Virginias make up over 90% of this blend, with just an accent of White Burley. The result is a sweet and robust smoke that is a pleasure to DGT, and has a wonderful aftertaste.

BrandJohn Patton
Blended ByRich Gottlieb
Manufactured By4noggins.com
Strength
Taste

Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

You will only like this tobacco if you buy it because you enjoy light blends. If you don't, either mix in stronger ingredients or don't buy it at all. The manufacturer claims this is a robust smoke. It isn't. It's very light in flavor and strength. The quality of the tobaccos used is very high. The burley is slightly noticeable, but adds a very light nutty taste. The Virginias are extremely mild, but very pleasant and cool smoking; no bite. A few flavors wax and wane as you smoke it, so I can't say it's one dimensional in taste, but I do feel a little more burley would pep it up some. It's a very subtle, gentle tasting mixture. And that's might be the problem: it's too subtle and too gentle.

I give it three stars because it's very well made. I give it two stars because it hasn't enough flavor to satisfy my taste buds. Since I can't post two and a half stars in the rating section, I rated it two stars because it's too expensive for what it gives in return, no matter how high quality the ingredients are. This is really more of a beginners smoke or a change of pace from heavier blends. There are much tastier VirBur blends for a lot less money. And that's a shame because I really want to rate this higher than I have, but I just can't.

Nurse_Maduro Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nurse_Maduro (27)
Medium Very Mild Medium Pleasant

What a treat this is. I'm discovering that I'm a fan of Virginias, and this one is no exception. The added White Burley really adds some depth of flavor and increases the strength a bit over Patton's Quadruple Virginia blend. Little to no bite at all, and a pleasant smoke any time of day. Of the four blends I've tried thus far by John Patton, this one is my favorite.

John Q Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
John Q (6)
Medium Very Mild Medium Pleasant

This is a Virginia blend in which has a good taste and burns nicely. I had filled a morning pipe and enjoyed this, I'm not a Virginia smoker in the mornings, but opted to try this blend with my morning java. The taste to me is very pleasant, with the "not bitey" Virginia tastes I usual experiance, good taste throughout the entire bowl. A blend which is worthy of the name.