Made from selected Virginias, Orientals, 10% Black Kentucky, 40% Latakia with a pinch of Louisiana Perique.

BrandMostex
Contents Kentucky, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Perique, Virginia
Flavoring Alcohol / Liquor, Other / Misc
Packaging50g Pouch
CountryCZ
Strength
None Detected, Strong
Taste
Full
Strong

3.4
SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Medium to Strong Mild Very Full Tolerable to Strong

I bought it on Kiev after being pressured by the seller. I finally relented and got it, and I haven't regretted it at all. The question now is where I am going to find it now. Syrian Latakia, Kentucky, Burley and a pinch of Perique (that does not bother me) are its ingredients. It has incredibly sweet taste, smokes smoothly, of course no tongue bite. Its moisture is ideal. As for the room note… …better let it be. I have smoked half the pouch on its own.

As for the other half, I mixed it with Erinmore Balkan Mixture. The results where even better

nekeke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
nekeke (19)
Medium Mild Full Tolerable

A relative of mine was on holiday in Prag went to a pipe shop and called me from there. A nice lady from the shop offered me this tobacco on the phone as soon as she understood that I love Latakia blends. I am glad she did. It may not be a very complex tobacco but it smokes nice, burns well and tastes very good. For me it is a nicely done example of a Latakia blend. Can smoke it all my life. But as someone said "where to find it?". Recommended.

Pipe Used: Peterson zulu

pantera Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pantera (8)

Not as good as London Mixture of the same producer.The sweetness of the cavendish overlays tha rest of mixture. Similar to Mac baren HH Vintage Syrian but less good in my opinion.

odinbaal Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
odinbaal (5)
Strong Strong Full Strong

Bought this from Spain along with London Mixture by Mostex/Stanislaw. This is sold at a very good price, and it delivers a great punch. A great Latakia highly recommended!

Franz Josef the Rabbit Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Franz Josef the Rabbit (6)
Medium None Detected Very Full Very Strong

I bought it by accident, what a lucky accident. Loved it on the first try, actually one of the best tobaccos I smoked! Bravo Herr Stanislaw!

yankee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
yankee (12)
Medium to Strong Very Mild Medium to Full Strong

this one is for latakia lovers. i found a bit hard to detect other ingredients. it burns well and it is very good, unexpensive tobacco.

Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Strong

It is now more than 20 years since I tried the legendary Balkan Sobranie. (For globbetrotting reasons I skipped my pipe smoking all thesse years. A recent come back led me to this interesting substitute. Reminiscences are there. But I feel is still not so close to the classic one, but I am enjoying it. Price / quality ratio is very good. Particularly if compared with most common duty free offerings... I will continue buying it. But is not the only type I will smoke...

Johnson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Johnson (1)
Very Strong Strong Full Strong

Horrible tobacco! There is no connection with Balkan Sobranie. That's a lie and delusion.

bayro Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bayro (18)
Medium to Strong Strong Full Tolerable to Strong

Excellent tobacco with a high percentage of Latakia, oriental and Virginia. If you have the opportunity - make sure you buy it! Some even say that it strongly resembles legenedary Balkan Sobranie! And not alone in that opinion!

rrb Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rrb (4)
Medium to Strong None Detected Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

Stanislaw Balkan Latakia is as if cut with a mix of Dunhill with Latakia, Medium Standard type or 965. In short, this blend is not perfect, I would tell you that Stanislaw Balkan Latakia has an advantage: the price. My personal opinion is that this mixture is excelent to make mixes.