None provided.

Taste
Skando Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skando (155)
Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Last week I took advantage from a friend's trip to Antwerp, a got back three types of Semois tobaccos: - a 40grms pouch of Florina - a 125grms can of Semois by Huis Windels - a 200grms pack of Le Cerf Ardennais

I have gone through several bowfuls of Florina, here my review.

Florina comes in a 40grms unsealed yellow pouch marked "vieux Semois" and "coupe pipe". At the opening I have been very pleasantly greeted by the unmistakable Tonka flavour, which brought me back thirty and more years back to my very first tobacco: Egberts 44. The cut is a (not too much) fine shag, plain medium brown.

I used the same couple of straight Castello used for the SG's 1792 Flake. Due to the cut and the humidity (just perfect!) the weed loads and light and behaves very much easily. The smoke is something of the softest kind: smooth, velvety, earthy/nutty, the Tonka giving just a natural sweetness which fades out gradually from the start to the end, and well compliments the nature of this Kentucky weed. Also a true pleasure to the nose, please believe me Dear Friends !

I cannot say I would smoke this all-day long, but this yellow pouch is calling me often...

I heartily recommend Florina and Semois to the TR Community, it's and experience really worth trying.