a delicious virginia ribbon, stoved.

BrandPCCA
Blended ByMcClelland
Packaging2 oz. tins
Strength
Extremely Mild
Taste

This is my third taste-testing of old PCCA straight virginia blends that have come back into production. This one is in the middle, somewhere between the complex spiciness of Rich Virginia Ribbon and the vapid flatness of Aurora.

Upon opening the tin, I'm greeted with the smell of Grandma's spice rack. I'm not familiar enough with the specifics of those spices but the aroma is very spicy to the point where I was convinced this contained oriental tobaccos. I was reminded of the Grand Oriental series, specifically Yenice Agonya and Katerini. However, I read where this is a straight virginia of the stoved variety. Interesting.

The flavor carried on that light spiciness. This one was not nearly as complex as Rich Virginia Ribbon and was comparatively subdued in flavor. It was a fairly consistent smoke that didn't change much down the bowl. I think the point of this one was flavor and it was moderately rich tasting, just not nearly the equal of RVR. But compared to Aurora, this was a flavor beast! I'm going to pick up a few more tins for aging, as I trust this one will improve. It was a very decent smoke but not something I'd buy again except as an aging experiment. If you try this and find it good but lacking a bit of flavor and complexity, give RVR a try.

vaperfavour Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
vaperfavour (30)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant

An incredible virginia ribbon cut blend. raspberry, orange, lemon lime, bottom notes of sweet pastry. delicious. the PCCA virginia ribbon blends were all fantastic, but Quantum was one of my favs. sometimes the sweetness would subside then all of a sudden would come rushing back with an intensity like eating fresh cherries. smoking this would remind me of my swedish grandmothers fresh baked pastries at christmas. yum. i shared a bowl with a friend and he said it tasted exactly like Entenmann's raspberry coffee cake. i agreed.