A very special orange-red Virginia Flake, tinned in 1995 released in 2000.

Blended ByMcClelland
Manufactured ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
Packaging100 gram tins
Medium, Full
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
Medium None Detected Medium Very Pleasant

The orange and red Virginias work together in harmony to create a mildly creamy, very smooth, consistent taste from start to finish. While not a complex flake by any means, the flavors include a fair amount of tangy ripe dark fruit earthiness with a little citrus and grass, and a minor spice note. The familiar McClelland “vinegar” smell barely translates to the taste. The nic-hit is mild. The flakes are easy to break part and a little moist, and though I didn’t dry them, you might prefer a light dry time. Burns cool and clean with no weak or harsh spots. No chance of bite even if you puff hard, though I recommend a moderate cadence. Requires a few relights, and leaves little moisture in the bowl. The tangy after taste pleasantly lingers a little. An easy going all day smoke.

vaperfavour Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
vaperfavour (30)
Medium None Detected Full Very Pleasant

Ok, now for The best kept secret in the tobacco world. very close to new millenium but this is the original. tinned in 1995 and meant to be opened in 2000. I originally bought 2 tins on the sage advice of Jim Margroum, the pipemaker who made pipes in the shapes of fruits and vegetables. i opened one tin in 2000 and was blown away. utterly speechless. I couldnt afford more than two tins at the time but I wish there was more of this. I can honestly say this tobacco changed my life. before this I smoked MacBarens Scottish mix and was happy. Millenium was one of those tobaccos that scrambles your world and puts you on a quest to find something half as good full knowing you wont find it, but man you will search, you will search. This is the Balkan Sobranie of Virginias. That other 100 g. tin? In my cellar for some reason, I mean it couldnt possibly be any better even with the extra age. Im sure a precious few others have these tins and are hoarding them with childish glee. I agree with them, completely! I saw a tin on ebay last summer and i think i bid 300 for it and lost. oh well, im sure this review will drive prices up if another tin comes up in the future but come to think of it i would have paid 2 or 3 times that. THE BEST VIRGINIA EVER GROWN.imho, of course.

Many old timers (and unfortunately, I guess I am one), say that Millennium was one of the finest and naturally ripe and sweet Virginia tobaccos ever produced. Similar to McClelland's 5100 in the flavor department but with more depth, and similar to McCranie's original '83 and then 2000 crop Red Ribbon with a little more strength. Indeed, a fine and classic Virginia.

RMP Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
RMP (7)
Medium None Detected Full Pleasant

It's hard to add anything to the previous review; this tobacco is simply astounding, one of the best orange Va's ever. Bob and PCCA, in combination with McClelland, produced many of the finest Virginia blends. If the production had been higher, I'm sure that PCCA blends would have the highest overall 4-star ratings. I give this one a 5-star rating!!