Full of spice and depth of flavor blend. Finest Oriental and Virginia tobaccos are carefully fermented in presses. A small addition of Latakia gives this blend a hearty flavor. Bentley Orange Oriental Type is a mild ready rubbed blend.

Notes: The name was changed from Orange Oriental to The Oriental Spice in 2015

Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
Alguhan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Alguhan (140)
Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

The one which I smoked was in a rectangular black and elegant tin. It may be the newer version of tin.

When I read the tin info and saw this elegant tin I wanted to smoke it. However the Orientals and virginias of this blend are not as "finest" as described. You will find the latakia in this blend as described, a little pinch of it. The spiceness of the orientals are mixed with an orange flavor. In my opinion it results a false bitter and a little acrid taste. This taste may be interesting for aromatic lovers and may be also a different smoke for others. While smoking this tobacco I've tasted the spicy orientals a very little sweet virginia and some latakia coolness. All of them not really all together but giving their turn to each other in repeating moments.

Not a satisfying tobacco for me and it was just a time loose. It worths trying if you are looking for an interesting and unusual taste.

Medium to Strong None Detected Medium Pleasant

Bentley-Orange Oriental/The Oriental Spice.

I would class this as more of a broken flake than a ready rubbed blend. The label 'ready rubbed' conjures up images of St Bruno or Condor ready rubbed mixtures but this is much coarser than those.

The aroma from the pouch is fairly simple, it smells pretty much like a straight Virginia.

Even though the pieces of tobacco are quite robust they don't seem to have held back too much moisture. But take into consideration that this was purchased in loose form as a sample so some water may have abated in the baggy. It could differ from a sealed tin.

It takes to the flame with ease and stays lit well delivering an even burn. This consistency lasts the duration of the smoke.

The flavour's quite good but a lot mellower than the new name Oriental Spice implies. I would expect some Perique like 'zing' from that name but instead it's a lot calmer. Not at all bad, just more relaxed.

It says there's Latakia in it. Really? I struggle to believe this. I don't even get a slight woodsy note from it let alone a whack of smokiness.

This has a good amount of nicotine. It's just above medium so would satisfy nicotine folks.

If I really suck the smoke with force it still refuses to bite me. It's my kind of blend!

After a few bowls I can't identify any extra flavourings in the smoke. It seems quite a straight Oriental/Virginia flavour.

Although the taste is basic I enjoy it. It's not worthy of four stars but I feel it earns three!

Pipe Used: Nording