Golden and red Virginias blended with sweet, gently spicy Black Cavendish and topped with Bourbon Vanilla. Gentle notes of honey round out the aroma of this lively blend. A smoking pleasure with a remarkably rich taste.

BrandBentley
Taste
Flinthills Tex Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Flinthills Tex (20)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

If you are a fan of aromatics, you will love this tobacco. If you prefer English blends, don't bother trying this; you won't like it.

I stumbled across this tobacco about 10 years ago at my local tobacconist's shop. He had an open tin, and I decided to try it based on the delicious Aroma exuding from it. I was not disappointed!

Tin note: sweet Bourbon vanilla, but decent, mixed with something exotic that I can't put my finger on.

Moisture Content: a bit on the damp side, you may want to leave the tin open for a day before Smoking. Packs well.

Room note: very seductive, this tobacco can win over the strongest anti-smokers, sweet, yet not overpowering.

Smoke: cool, even burn, unless you smoke it too quickly, in which case you will get both goopy condensation as well as tongue bite. But sipped, Smoking this tobacco is like drinking a full bodied porter ale. Complex changes in flavor throughout the bowl!

I would highly recommend this tobacco to all Lovers of aromatics!

Deimitori Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Deimitori (6)

This is a very nice aromatic pipe tobacco. It has a pleasant taste and surely will be a good choice for aromatic pipe tobacco friends.

The tobacco seems of a good quality and it burns nice without great effort. When you light it and it gets started it goes on nicely. Nice honey and light bourbon vanilla taste gives a very nice smoking. The room note is pleasant, I felt no tongue bite. Virginia tobaccos of good quality and Cavendish tobacco with a spicy taste that is adding interesting character in this blend.

I believe aromatic pipe tobacco lovers should give a try to this good aromatic blend.

Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

One of the favourites of an old friend, I tried this blend a few times over the last year or so, and must say it is a nice tobacco.

The tin note is very nice, the VA shining through with a touch of something sweet and honey-ish. The leaf stuffs easily and lights up in one go to please the smoker with a creamily smooth, mild smoke that still has a very nice and full taste; sweet, with a very slight note of vanilla and honey, and a hint of spice provided by the Black Cavendish.

The room note is beautiful; light, sweet and lingering, a true pleaser.

Unfortunately, like many other aromatics, this 'baccy turns bitter and tarry towards the end; I have not managed to smoke even one bowl to the very end.

I admit it: I am spoiled by having smoked many truly great blends recently. Otherwise, this would get three stars. As it is, I am missing punch, and I had to re-light a few times too many for a blend that I can't smoke down to the bottom.

I still recommend heartily to the light aromatics smoker: it's not bad, just doesn't fill my needs at this time.