This is a masterful composition for the sophisticated gourmet. A high proportion of spicy and sweet Virginia flake characterizes this mellow, fruity mixture which has been deliciously refined with double toasted black Cavendish and combined with delicate fruity essences of ripe apples, cherries, and Mirabelle. Coarse and fine Golden Virginia give an exquisite bouquet to this tobacco with subtle, light and sweet hints of lemon.

BrandSillem's

2.7
22yrsonthepipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
22yrsonthepipe (21)
Very Mild Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

At first I thought 'This is pleasant' but after a few smokes it becomes exactly like strawberry chapstick - plasticky, fake, cloying. There are no ripe apples, cherries or Mirabelle to be found here, just strawberry chapstick all the way.

Weak tobacco - even for a Danish style. Has some broken flake in there. It gets 2 stars because it has the strength of flavouring an aromatic should have that most do not, it's just the wrong flavour.

I can't believe 4noggins stocks this awful stuff but doesn't stock the delicious natural tasting MacBarens 7 seas red.

maigret fan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
maigret fan (57)
Strong Strong Very Full Tolerable to Strong

These blends from Sillem's have no description on the tin so you have to rely on these reviews or on the recommendation from your stockists! I hesitated between the green and red mixtures and was a little uneasy about the pina colada description of the green blend as described by my stockist so tried the red mixture. No regret! More a German mixture than a Danish mixture with a nice smell of cherries in the tin. Nice smoke with fruity flavorings and bits of nutty flavors in the middle of the bowl. Recommeded to the enthusiast of aromatic and the red tin is quite elegant!

Green999 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Green999 (1)

One of the best aroma smoke's on the market. I smoke this fine strain of tobacco with my Bj's bent billard pipe. Oh How do I dream of smoking this blend once again. I only smoke a single pipe once every three days at least, in my rotation. So how do I count the days until we meet again.

SakamotoFan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SakamotoFan (12)
Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

The tin smell is like peaches, the taste is not super sweet on the tongue like most aromatics, in fact I could hardly detect any sweetness. The taste is like the smell but extremely mild and barely noticeable unless you really concentrate on what you taste.

This stuff is bland and mild. I've had house blends similar to this but with more flavor.

And I got a bunch of hard woody tobacco stems in mine, just like my Sillem's Black tin.

Also, I got heavy tongue bite with this stuff.

RC Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
RC (3)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

This is the first tobacco I've bought not at the local grocery store. It was reasonably priced but I was nervous trying something new and must say I was very pleased. The smell upon opening the tin was really nice, kind of fruity and a little... nutty. Not a strong aroma like the aromatic blends I'm used to. I cant place all the various aromas but together they were quite nice. Its the first broken flake I've used and packed a little differently than my Captain Black Royal ribbon cut. My first several smokes left me rather unimpressed but once I found out how to pack it properly the flavor was very nice. Not very strong but mildly sweet and that fruity smell from the tin came through in the flavor. Also, once I figured out how to pack it right, the aweful tendency to bite went away. The only bite I get now if from myself puffing too hard on it.

As for the room note,not as fragrent as my other tobaccos but not displeasing either, an important factor since I live with my girlfriend and the only reason the landlord lets me smoke inside is because of the pleasant smells of the tobaccos I have chosen.(and when its 10 below I don't want to go one to porch to enjoy a pipe, so I am very picky about the smell to others).

A few thoughts and reccomendations: I keep it sealed in the bag inside the tin but it is a little wet. My solution is to take out enough to fill the pipe and let it dry out for 5 or 10 minutes (useually just flip the lid over and lay it out in there) before packing it. When I first tried it I was a little puzzled by what to do with the larger flakes in the pouch. I started out just rubbing them out and then mixing it in but have tried, with some nice results, breaking them into smaller flake (about 1/2 the size of the bowl diamiter) and evenly spreading them as a layer in the middle of the bowl. It seems to give the flavor a new characteristic halfway through when it burns down and lights this "flake layer". This blend expands; alot. At least in comparison to the ribbon cuts Iim used to. Weather this is normal or not for broken flake I don't know but my eyes shot open with shock as it expanded about 1/2 inch above the rim of my pipe on the first light. Freaquent tamping as I smoke to keep it packed kept a cool burning and realatively bite free smoke that lasted a good long time.

Play arround with it and I'm sure most will find this to be a very pleaing blend to add to your rotation. I deffinately reccomend it.

Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (111)
Medium Medium Medium Tolerable

THIS TOBACCO COMES IN ONE OF THE COOLEST TIMS EVER. SO IF YOUR INTO COLLECTINH TOBACCO TINS. THIS ONE SHOULD BE ON THE LIST. AS FAR AS THE TOBACCO TOSS IT. A VERY BAD VERSION OF A SOLANI GREE OR CAROLINA ROSE. SMOKES HOT AND BITTER TASTE. ROOM NOTE IS PUUUUUUUUUUUU

Angelos Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Angelos (8)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

A good quality aromatic.It's like drinking forest fruits tea. Not close to my taste.If you like nakhla(hookah,nargile) tobacco then you are going to love it.

beeftip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
beeftip (10)
Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

What you smell in the tin is pretty much what you will taste in the smoke. The fruit flavor takes the lead with the natural flavors of the tobacco playing a supporting role.

It bites me if I puff it too hard, but that's my problem not the tobacco's. What else can you expect from a Virginia dominated blend? It's difficult not to puff hard because the flavor is quite tasty. However, I can only smoke one bowl of this a day as it wears out my "taster". Kind of like eating too much candy.

The room note is pleasant but not quite "potpourri" as in the case of other aromatics.

The tobacco is fairly dry and not at all sticky. It packs and lights easily. It stays lit without much effort. The flavor remains pretty constant throughout.

A bit pricey, but I think you're paying for the packaging as much as the tobacco. The tin is pretty cool but not useful for long-term storage. The tobacco is inside of a cellophane bag that has the ends rolled up and secured with a piece of foil tape. I can't imagine anyone would want to age this kind of blend, but if you do, plan on transferring to a jar.

If you like fruity aromatics I'm sure this one will please.

Wrangler Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wrangler (15)
Mild Mild Medium Very Pleasant

This is one of the first aromatics I've had that actually tastes as good as it smells in the tin. I can taste a hint of cherries and perhaps the Mirabelle plums. I've never had Mirabelle plums but if they taste like this tobac, I'm sure I'd like them. This tobac smokes easily to the bottom without a relight and is good right to the bottom. I have yet to have anyone complain about the room note, although that is not a prerequisite for a tobac that I smoke. Yes, it is a little wet when smoked but I smoke it in a Savinelli with the balsa filters and have nary a problem. I'm not much of a aromatic smoker but I've had to add this tobac to my regular rotation due to it's delicious nature. I highly recommend this tobac.