This English mixture is considered "our special English mixture". It has everything but the kitchen sink!

A combination of a light aromatic blend and a traditional English, Virginias, burley, toasted cavendish, fire cured vanilla base cavendish and a fair amount of latakia. You might notice small specks of a greenish substance in this blend. This is not tobacco, rather it is a herb referred to as "deer tongue." While it is neutral in taste, it was used in many old time tobacco blends to bring about a nicer aroma of the pipe. We use a small amount in the Brush Creek blend to mask the more pungent aroma of the latakia in this fine blend.

Notes: From what I understand this blend used a few Lane Limited blends, as well as other ingredients. Unfortunately the decision to eliminate a good amount of Lane Limited blends has made the blend discontinued. We can only hope for a substitute soon!

BrandThe Tobacco Barn
Blended ByTom
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley, Cavendish, Latakia, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Tolerable to Strong
2.0
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium Tolerable to Strong

I had mentioned this tobacco before. It's intriguing how certain blend names carry through in other contexts. Down here in Mexico a tobacco firm that blends what I believe to be licensed versions of classical American tobaccos (i.e, Kentucky Club, Apple, Rum&Maple, Vermont Maple, etc.) used to produce Brush Creek. I think it was their only non-cased tobacco: a lot of toasted Burley with what could have been (or not) something similar to smokey Latakia. I haven't seen it in a long time. Rather dull, ashy tasting and hot burning, but it was a good, natural smoke. If I can compare it to anything, it would be a Burley-Latakia equivalent of C&D's Yale Mixture. Not as refined and smooth, but very clearly structured in terms of its basic components.

I don't know if this blend is an original creation of Tobacco Barn, or if they are recreating a by gone tobacco (very much like Windsor is bringing back some American classics).

I don't recall in the Brush Creek version I used to smoke down here, any deer tongue. In fact, one of the things some of us used to celebrate was the fact that this blend had no sweeteners or any other aromatic component.