Blending Tobacco.

Notes: This was an Atlas Blending Corp. mixture. Cornell and Diehl bought the rights of all their old recipes.

Blend TypeBurley Based
ContentsBurley
Strength
Taste
2.7
Demetri Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Demetri (106)

"A combination of Burleys that we put through a proprietary process that we also use as a component in many of our blends. Whether smoked straight, paired with a fine Virginia, or used as a cooling component in your blend, this is some of Kentucky and Tennessee's finest. "

The above is from the C&D website description. Although I did try a cob-load straight just to see what it's taste profile was I would say it's a blender for sure. Just good burley goodness and a cut far, far above the faux bagged stuff pretending to be pipe tobacco but really is cigarette tobacco dodging taxes.

I have used this to cut SG Squadron Leaders Lakelands (which I do not favor) and render it more to my liking.

I have also mixed this 50/50 with C&D Bright Virginia Ribbon (another blender, good as a stand alone too) for nice, down to earth, pleasurable smoke.

Pipe Used: Briars and corncobs

Age When Smoked: Current production

I bought this just to sample some of the blending burleys out there, and I suspect this is a component of several C&D blends due to the taste. It has a fairly distinctive and pleasant earthy burley flavor. It is slightly sour and slightly bitter. I found it a pleasant and easy smoke. It was very cool burning for me. In terms of strength, it is more mediium than mild.

If you want an untopped Burley to try, this is one with some good flavor. I can believe it would blend very nicely with a sweet Virginia or provide some body to a blend that is "thin."

This is a much milder blend than I thought it would be. I was planning to beef up some stringy Virginia blends that I have with it, but the idea ended quickly after I sampled a bowl of 518 straight. I am really not sure about this tobacco. It had a very light, almost airy taste with little nicotine punch. I am considering using it as a cutter for some of my more powerful aromatic blends to ease back on the heavy taste of the flavoring.

Pipestud