Aromatic blend of dark Cavendish and light Virginians.

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco
Blended ByJ.M. Boswell
ContentsVirginia, Black Cavendish
Strength
Strong
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full
Ronnstein Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ronnstein (14)
Medium Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

While I have never been a fan of cherry tobaccos, this blend would be the exception. Don't think for a minute that this is sickeningly sweet and wet like Paladin, just the opposite. A very pleasant and mild cherry flavor with wonderful burning qualities, I would definitely recommend this blend. This is the only cherry flavored pipe tobacco in my rotation, and deservedly so.

SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Mild Very Strong Very Mild Pleasant

I will start with a query, which I will repeat for all Boswell tobaccos: Even though I have left them open for 2 months, they haven't dried out at all. The flavor is full and rich produced by the Cavendish and Burley. This tobacco has a scent of cherry as well. Less aromatic and heavier than Christmas Cookie and Sweet Dreams, but somehow far-off from my own tastes. I want to thank, a lot, my friend “Nektarios” for gifting me these 5 Boswell tobaccos in order to try them out.

Rustica Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rustica (16)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Boswell's seems to have a knack for making blends that smoke the way they smell. This one smells like cherry cola in the bag. I like cherry cola a lot so this is all good as I am lighting up and enjoying the flavor of maple syrup, carmel, baked bread and a hint of cherry here and there. Cut is a mix of coarse cavendish and ribbon that burns smoothly with little dottle. Probably enjoyed it the most in my meerschaum but does great in a briar as well. Three stars for a solid aromatic with real quality tobacco.

Arkansas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arkansas (6)
Mild to Medium Strong Medium to Full Tolerable

I have been trying to like this aromatic for two years. It just isn't making it for me. If you are looking for a good high quality cherry try 4Noggins catamount much better all around

pipe dream Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipe dream (11)
Medium to Strong Strong Medium Very Pleasant

taste and more taste. i lit this and did not like it.one minute later,i was interested.the rest of the bowl I was in LOVE.taste like tobacco, has this nice flavor no bite, not wet or steamy bitter taste. smoked it down to bottom, taste just kept on developing. when finished turned the pipe over and a few ash angels floated to the ground. I got a little buzz too.this is the first of six boswell tobaccos i have ordered. after 50 years of pipe smoking I am delighted a talented blender like this appears.now if i can get the guy to make me a pipe.all new pipers should try this.any left overs can be sent to me.I will order this often.its a winner. thankyou, mr. boswell,sir.

Ixtlan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ixtlan (18)
Mild to Medium Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

Sweet Sweet is what this is. It is like a Dutch Candy full of Berries, and Spices. Very smooth and no bite at all. This is got to be the Candy of pipe tobaccos. I really like it but not for everyday for sure. I recommend you keep this around to satisfy that sweet tooth craving. Burns real well right down to the bottom. Does leave the bowl a bit sticky as expected. It is like that very expensive imported chocolate bar you grab a bite of now and then and put away. It is good stuff Mr. Boswell. Made my fillings ache and my dentist will be very happy.