This dark tobacco blend has an alluring aroma. It offers a mild, smooth, rich taste with a sweet finish. Some of the flavors you will experience in Black Forest are vanilla, caramel and butternut.

BrandMilan Tobacconists
ContentsBlack Cavendish
FlavoringButter, Caramel, Other / Misc, Vanilla
Strength
Taste

purplehook Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
purplehook (6)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

The way a Cavendish should be. A very light, sweet, and pleasant aromatic. I've been smoking heavier English blends lately and this was a refreshing blend to come back to.

john1179 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
john1179 (10)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is one of the best tobaccos i have ever had, smells great, the aroma lingers with you for along time. milan has fast become my favorites oout there. all there blends are very good.

BobB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BobB (19)

An oily tobacco that I like to pack fairly loose to get the flavors to come out. I don't notice the vanilla, but can find the caramel. Caramel is a good find in an aromatic in my book. I don't know what 'butternut' tastes like, (or maybe I do now), but there is a wonderfully smooth flavor that comes through with the caramel. I get nothing but compliments from the room note although most people tell me they smell chocolate. Enjoyable to pick up and taste the flavor of the pipe it was smoked in days later. A keeper in the rotation.

Wilhelm Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wilhelm (1)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Really sweet black cavendish. At first almost too sweet, but it mellows out about midway through the bowl. Strong vanilla and butternut scent in the pouch, wonderful room note.

cjone107 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cjone107 (15)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Out of the bag, Black Forest smells identical to Nording's Labrador - one of my favorite blends. Upon lighting, it tastes and smells similar as well. Very sweet and latte like. Very enjoyable Cavendish taste as well. It burns very wet, but with no tongue bite. At the end of the bowl though, it becomes far to Sweet for even me. Not a bad blend, but it tastes so similar to Labrador, that the slightly inferior quality keeps me smoking Labrador.

Similar Blends: Nording - Labrador (Hunter Blend).

Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (78)
Very Mild Strong Very Full Very Pleasant

This black Cavendish is very very similar to McClellands VBC. I was going to call it a blend but its not. Just black Cavendish with a Devils Food taste and aroma. Think Ding Dong's from Hostess. This might scare you into thinking goopy and sticky but its rather dry and does not leave anything nasty in the pipe. Probably the best black Cavendish next to VBC and BCA.

Pipe Used: Cob, Dr Grabow

Purchased From: Milan Tobbaconist

Similar Blends: McClelland - Bulk Vanilla Black Cavendish.

johnson430 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
johnson430 (7)
Mild Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I want to like this tobacco, I really, really do, but the caramel flavoring is too much for me. This is sweeter than Milan's Poochie's Blend and reviewers state that tobacco to be "almost too sweet." The initial light tastes great but after a few puffs a thick oily sour taste seems to overwhelm the mouth. I have tried this blend in two different pipes and couldn't get through 1/2 a bowl before dumping it out and loading some Sunset Rum (I highly recommend that blend from Milan) Bottom line, if you like extremely sweet tobaccos give this a try, you might like it. Also, I had to let this dry for 30 minutes before loading, it is heavily cased.