Rich dark chocolate taste with a vanilla finish, the customers have said it is very mild, with a whiff of chocolate aroma. Easy on the palate.

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco

3.2
CanAsianPiper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CanAsianPiper (3)
Mild Strong Medium Pleasant

I am mostly an aromatic smoker only.

If chocolate is what youre looking for, this is the one! Upon opening the parcel package, you can immediately smell the chocolate aroma. The chocolate aroma is very strong.

I let this dry out for about 10-20min and packed my pipe. I recently started to "over dry" my aromatics to the point where it's almost crisp, I find I get less moisture and more flavor. BUT I have to be careful not to smoke too fast. That said;

I really like this blend. It was one of my first blends from Boswell and is a regular burn in the pipe.

The flavor was full of chocolate!!! It's almost like eating a piece of chocolate. The flavor lasted about 1/2 to 3/5 of the bowl, then turned to a less pronounced chocolate flavor, and more smokey, like the end of a cigar.

This blend is definitely my favourite of all/most of the Boswell aromatics. And will be ordering much much more.

PipeLover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PipeLover (16)

Love this blend. It has a very nostalgic aromatic room note. As soon as I took a whiff memories of my old pipe smoker grandfather and uncle came pouring in. They must have been smoking something with a chocolate casing I guess. Very very pleasing room note, best out of all tobaccos I have ever tried. Very easy smoke with no bite detected, and I was puffing fast just to get more smoke to smell.

I must say I can actually taste dark chocolate when sipped slow to medium. Usually with aromatics you can only smell the casing but with Chocolate Cream you can taste chocolate, which makes this blend a perfect after dinner smoke.

Smoked it the day I got it on the mail. Filled the pipe and let it sit there for 15 minutes. Lights and stays lit to mid bowl, then one relight.

Why is it that some big tobacco companies spend millions and put out crap tobacco, but some mom and pop stores can whip up AMAZING blends?

All you (us) beginners try this blend, you will get hooked. I did. Will be ordering a pound of this before tobacco taxes go up.

PuffPuffKeep Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PuffPuffKeep (3)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Extra Full Very Pleasant

A bit of nostalgia hits me smoking a bowl of Boswell's Chocolate Cream. I'm reminded of childhood cereals like Cocoa Pebbles, Count Chocula and Cocoa Puffs. F'n amazing!

I may never eat a chocolate bar again. A bowl of Chocolate Cream is equally as satisfying. It's very mild so you can smoke this stuff all day everyday. Burns nice and finished with a soft white ash.

puff puff keeping this one around.

akathedstnguishdgntlmn Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
akathedstnguishdgntlmn (5)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Apparently STEELCOWBOY & thedstnguishdgntlmn share many similar opinions on tobacco. His review is excellent and concise. I always like to make comparisons for my fellow reviewers. C&D Chocolate gives me hic cups and is artificial tasting, Mc Clelland Chocolate silk is well... neither silky or chocolaty. This nails it as a deep dark Chocolate TASTE. Constantly with you to the last puff and nary any bite. So far this and Piper's Pleasure are my favorite Boswell Blends. A solid 4 Aromatic Stars!

Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I enjoy everything from ropes and plugs to English blends and VaPers as good tobacco is good tobacco. This my friends is good tobacco, which is no surprise as Boswell's makes some great aromatics. Chocolate Cream is made from good quality base tobaccos and the Chocolate comes through in the smoke very nicely. There is no goop at the bottom of the bowl either. Highly recommended for chocolate loving aromatic fans or if you need to satisfy a sweet tooth as this is a sweet one to say the least!

Northern Pipes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Northern Pipes (22)

The scent from the bag hits you in the face. Extremely strong smell that is reminiscent of chocolate milk to me. The smell has emparted itself into my tobacco pouch and is still there several weeks later even though I've had other tobacco's in there. So the scent from the bag is a little much for me however, the tobacco itself is fantastic. It's a great smoke, pretty flavourful and smells amazing while being smoked. It burns cool, and is a great aromatic. If you like the sweet/dessert flavoured aromatics, this is definitely one to try, and at about 3 bucks an ounce, you can't go wrong.

Montauk Man Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Montauk Man (2)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Boswell tobacco never seems to disappoint. I enjoy almost all their blends, this one also. It has a strong sweet chocolate scent that you can smell a room away. The tobacco smokes a little on the dry side taste wise, but you know its chocolate nonetheless. This could be your all day smoke since it had no bite for me, even when I tried to smoke it like I was drinking a chocolate milkshake. I was very pleased by this blend all around and have it in my regular rotation.

Piper4ever Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Piper4ever (11)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I love this blend from Boswell P&T, actually is my first BPT blend and I've got impressed with the taste and the quality of this tobacco, burns well and there is not any end of bowl bitterness is simply an outstanding blend for those who love dark chocolate, enjoy it.

larrjlion Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
larrjlion (3)
Medium to Strong Very Strong Full Very Strong

Awesome! Strong taste of dark chocolate from midway through to the end. Only 3 relights. A good Brazilian coffee with it in the morning and a nice Merlo in the evening and it is like a dependable girl friend. In fact my neighbor got a whiff of the aroma. I lent him a pipe and he is now a casual pipe smoker after trying a few bowls. I have only been pipe smoking for 3 years but this blend and Mississippi River are the best I have smoked yet.

Pipe Used: briar

Purchased From: boswells

ski2liv Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ski2liv (16)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate... it's there before you even open the bag, gets stronger when you do open it and comes out even more when you smoke it. Good room note, but not great. Good flavor, but not great. A little too mild for my liking. It's not overwhelmingly flavored and sweet like some other Boswell's blends. Maybe I didn't cellar this one well enough... but it's very flat. I don't get an great tobacco flavor nor a great casing or topping flavor. I like to have one or the other and this has neither in abundance. It has a nice dark chocolate sweetness, but it's not overpowering. It's still a great cool pleasant smoke with a nice room note, but I'll probably stick to some of the other Boswell's blends.

Pipe Used: Favorite Grabow Bent Bulldog

Age When Smoked: 1 year

Purchased From: Boswell B+M visit

pennjersey83 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pennjersey83 (11)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

This tobacco is pretty good, though it is lacking in rich chocolate flavor. Flavoring was very mild compared to other Boswell aromatics I have tried. It was a little disappointing because I very much enjoy chocolate and was expecting a sweeter smoke.

piperookie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
piperookie (21)

By far the best chocolate taste tobacco blend. It smells and tastes like chocolate.No other does it better. However don't push it too hard.If you want to keep the temperature low smoke it slowly.

Aromatic fans, rejoice! This is as fine an aromatic as I have ever had the pleasure to smoke. Truly a tobacco taste... yet, with Chocolate (deep and dark) essence that I found to be absolutely delicious.

You don't like aromatics? I think you just might like this one.

BaconandTobacco Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BaconandTobacco (15)

This is a good chocolaty aromatic. It burns evenly and is a very creamy smoke. The hints of chocolate come through very nicely.

TheSmokinDragon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TheSmokinDragon (56)

For Aro and Choco-lovers, MAN this is good stuff...I like it for a change from my Vs and English blend rotations...just a GREAT sweet smoke, nice flavors throughout...smoked in a larger pipe would make this one shine

SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Very Mild Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

I will start with a query, which I will repeat for all Boswell tobaccos: Even though I have left them open for 2 months, they haven't dried out at all.

I have never tried before a smoke with so strong and intense taste and aroma of black chocolate, complemented by the essential vanilla. Perhaps if mixed with a totally neutral tobacco that is not enhanced by any scent, I may have succeeded a better result. However I preferred to gift it as it is to “paolo21r” who goes nuts for chocolate in order to enjoy it. Black Cavendish which though causes intense tongue bite. Still, a big “Thank You” to my friend “Nektarios”, as he send me 5 Boswell tobaccos in order to try them.

castello man Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
castello man (13)

As the description says, fairly mild with just a whiff of chocolate on the palate and nose.

blackpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
blackpipe (2)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

its an okay aromatic but lacks flavor an sweetness.If you want a chocolate flavor try black gold from hilland cigars

Corncob160 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Corncob160 (3)

Chocolate cream is an interesting blend in my opinion. The smell in the bag is almost overwhelming chocolate. That smell translates to a strong chocolate flavor as well. The room note isn't spectacular but it isn't horrible. I suppose the significant other may or may not like it depending on their thoughts on chocolate. It does leave a lingering after taste as one reviewer mentioned. Not what I would call pleasant but luckily it tastes pretty good as it's being smoked. Overall it's an ok smoke that will leave you feeling full almost as though you just ate a bunch of chocolate. You could do worse than chocolate cream but you can definitely do better.

Crow Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Crow (7)
Mild Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

As others have noted, the scent of this blend in the pouch is quite strong, quite pleasant. The room note is also very pleasing. Unfortunately, when I smoke this blend, it has a very strange, almost moldy aftertaste. It's reminiscent of a science text book I once left out in the rain.

The chocolate flavors are still there, but the above mentioned after taste crowds them out and is therefore a deal breaker for me. I'd like to think that I perhaps got a bad batch of this blend, but I'm not going to order more of it in hopes of finding out.

meanmrmustard Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
meanmrmustard (34)

This is a great desert aromatic! It tastes like chocolate and will have the women swooning over the room note. I also add it to other tobaccos, such as Ed's Continental 51, and Boswells Raspberry Cream to give them an other worldly flavor. If you are looking for a chocolate flavored tobacco, this is it.

pipesmoker33 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipesmoker33 (5)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I was a little disappointed. Still a very nice tobacco. Really nice room note. It burns a little to hot for me though. A nice bedtime smoke. Pouch aroma is very strong. I would recommend storing it sepertly form your other tobaccos.

YoungSmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
YoungSmoke (24)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is one of the best smelling tobaccos I've ever tried...in the pouch and in the air. It does smell and tastes some like chocolate. I feel the taste fades away soon after lighting the bowl. Not completly, but it mellows out quite a bit after lighting giving away to more tobacco flavor. If you go easy on it, you can wiff the smell of chocolate and you'll get hints of a chocolate taste, but it really fades away quickly. It smells great, and smokes great. Not one of my favorites, but I'm not taking away from what it is. Honestly it seems to be a very refined and quality blend. I guess it just leaves me wanting more, with a Chocolate blend, I really want some chocolate. I think it's OK, but could be better. I bet if you blended this Boswells No Bite Delight you would have a Hershey bar in a pipe. I just might have to try that on my next order, but on it's own it falls short for me. I would love it to have a little more "omph" to it.

Bazsup Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bazsup (11)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

At the current time this is my favorite tobacco. I have been hesitant to try a chocolate tobacco for fear that the casing would be too heavy. I was wrong. This is delicious from the moment you open the pouch to the last draw of the bowl. It is rare that a tobacco tastes as good as the pouch aroma. For me this did it.

No bite, no moisture problem. I have been looking for the aromatic of my dreams for 25 years now and I may have just found it. I hope the next pouch is consistent with the first.

UPDATE - This has fallen to number 2 on my favorites lists. Still enjoy it in the rotation.

smokeybandit Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokeybandit (12)

This is a good solid chocolate tobacco from the Boswell's. It is not, however, something that I would smoke very often.

The tobacco does smell like chocolate in the pouch, and tastes like chocolate while smoking. It's just not something that I really enjoy. I'm not sure why. If you are craving a chocolate blend, go ahead and give this a shot, you may really enjoy it.

Wrangler Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wrangler (15)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

This tobacco is, to my tastes, 1Q with a little chocolate flavor added to tantalize anyone in the near vicinity. Smells great in the baggie it came in but offers nothing in regards to flavor for the smoker. Very bland! Very mild! Those who smoke aromatics only may have a very different opinion though. If you're forced to smoke something that has a pleasant room note as ordered by your significant other, this may be the blend for you but not for me.

darkmoto Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
darkmoto (6)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Very Pleasant

Pretty much the best aromatic from boswell to my tastes. Also I might add it actually tastes of chocolate. Most aromatic pipe tobaccos fall short of the named flavor and kind of miss the mark. this one hits it dead on.

Arkansas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arkansas (6)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

This is a fine aromatic tobacco. It is getting to be one of my go to blends for after dinner. Well liked by my wife.

Loser Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Loser (10)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

i only recommend this as a blending tobacco, i wouldn't smoke it by itself. try it with raspberry cream or vanilla cream

Matt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Matt (14)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

They sent me this by mistake. Its all good tho, I rather like it. On two seperate smokes I was told it smells like brownies and who doesnt like brownies. Id pick some up again.

wekers Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wekers (14)

I dont know, the feeling is neutral when smoke this blend, i think is a good aromatic without doubt, fullbodied cream taste and nice flavor. bite a little little a tongue, but do not bother. sincerely i haven't enjoyed. Well 3* stars.

ThePipePirate Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ThePipePirate (9)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

This blend all in all is pretty good if you're into aromatics. I'm probably not the best to review aromatics being an english smoker.

But all in all this blend is pretty good with coffee as well!