Mellow Cavendish and yellow Virginia with the flavor of wild cherries.

Notes: This was an Atlas Blending Corp. mixture. Cornell and Diehl bought the rights of all their old recipes.

ContentsCavendish, Virginia
FlavoringCherry, Coffee, Whisky
Strength
Strong
Taste
1.0
Mild to Medium Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Cornell & Diehl - Cherry Jubilee.

Customs, they play my life like a harp from hell! Import surcharge: £44.00, approx. 60.00 USD. It's my own fault, I guess, as I adore trying new blends and posting reviews so much; plus, like it says on my profile, I had a head injury so can't fill my day like 'normal folks'! I don't mind a big surcharge when the blend/blends are worth it, but Cherry Jubilee isn't.

The blend comprises just a few bigger ribbons, most of it's a shag; see the picture. One of the previous reviewers, now deleted, mentioned it smelling like cherry lifesaver candy. I'm guessing that's the same thing as Tunes cough sweets in the UK as they're the first thing to spring to mind!

I'm unsure about the description. Although it states cherry, coffee, whisky, I can only taste cherry as anything added. The aromatic strength is where my review differs to the two previous reviews. I get a ton of cherries: cheap, nasty, sour, astringent, cherries. These are the only flavour until the final third, from here the tobaccos give more taste; not a bad flavour, but it's a long time to have to wait. A further 'insult to injury' are the mechanics: it burns hot, has the speed of lightning, and bites like crazy. The final misery comes when a bowl's finished: get some mouthwash ready or you'll be tasting sour cherries until the end of time!

Nicotine: just below medium. Room-note: not bad, I suppose!

Cherry Jubilee? Cherry aromatics are regular feed for newbie pipers, but if this were the first blend I piped I'd never have smoked again! Not recommended:

One star.