Golden cavendish balanced with aromatic toasted cavendish. To
create a rich flavor, some condiment tobaccos are added.

Notes: Vanilla and Spices

Taste

harkpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
harkpipe (4)
Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I requested a sample of Savannah since many were raving about it and found that upon opening the plastic ziplock bag that it had a very weak pouch aroma. I tried a couple of bowls and compare it to a very weak-kneed Captain Black. It had been described as an aromatic english, however, I found no english notes to be present at all. It's not one I would order or smoke again.

Harkpipe

Brightnessmonster Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Brightnessmonster (2)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

First couple of seconds in the pipe are a little weary because I don't typically prefer an aromatic, however this one IS special in that I'm actually very surprised at how much tobacco taste you get and pretty good nic from it too.. This is an absolute newbie smoke I say that because its free to try and its actually pretty complex stuff so don't hesitate to try. Also if you are having trouble with tongue bite - NONE here.

PipeLover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PipeLover (16)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

These folks happened to be driving distance from where I live, and they also stock a big amount of tinned tobacco (which sometimes I can't find online). I got a sample of the Savannah and tried it today, and I liked it. However there needs to be more flavor, I can taste a slight maple sweetness and hints of what tastes to me like mellon and peach flavors but can't really put my finger on it. Smokes well with hardly any relights and no goop. Great room note, which dissipates quickly and no aftertaste. I will be getting more and jarring it to see what happens. Try it yourself.

MrBrandyBuck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MrBrandyBuck (6)

This is my favorite aromatic. The smell is of quality tobacco with a hint of sweetness. The taste is a perfect combination of tobacco and what tastes like either vanilla or honey. This blend stays lit perfectly and produces a good amount of smoke. This is one of those blends where your upset that the bowl is over because you want to keep smoking it non-stop. I would definitely purchase this blend again.

Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (64)
Mild Strong Mild Very Pleasant

Ah yes, i followed the suggestions of others and requested a sample by calling the Tobacco Traders. My sample arrived very quickly and i could detect a wonderful aroma through the package, i knew i was in for a treat! Golden and black canvendish ala Captain Black Royal or 1Q with a vanilla/cookie aroma, ribbon cut. The flavor is very similar to the two blends i just mentioned but with a spicy tingle. The kind of aromatic that you can smoke in company and delivers a much fuller taste than the traditional aromatic which other more experienced smokers explained might be the addition of Perique. Give these guys a call and request a sample, Savannah could become your new favorite!

yinyang Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
yinyang (45)
Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Savannah has been the only aromatic (to date) that I smoked without reservation. I still tend to cringe at any new aro in my lineup, but this one is proof they aren't all bad. The smell, and taste, has a maple/caramel/vanilla nut thing going on...which by itself means little to me, sorry. What is great is that it tastes like tobacco as well...now that doesn't happen much! There is a Perique-y type hit that makes it interesting, too. The missus likes it better than any other blend I've subjected her to...going so far as to step out of her bath to let me know. I'll take the recommendation of a naked woman any day!

That said, I prefer the more straight forward pipe offerings out there- Va's, Va/Per's, Englishes etc. Still, it won't stop me from picking up more Savannah. Good stuff.

orharris Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
orharris (2)
Medium None Detected Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

While not claiming to be a tobacco expert, I do like this tobacco. I have been mixing different tobaccos together to get what I prefer and enjoy. This one does not bite, is smooth and I like it very much. Got to order more of this .....

ivycap Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ivycap (63)
Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

A decent aromatic. Very slight creaminess allows you to taste the golden cavendish tobacco. Not artificial or goopy like many others.

Roddy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Roddy (41)
Mild Mild Medium Pleasant

This is one of those tobaccos you aren't quite sure about. Is it English or Aromatic? I tend to think it's an english aromatic. Either way you can't go wrong with this stuff. I detect no Latakia in this but just perhaps a tiny bit of Perique. No bite for me.

It arrived just a tab bit on the damp side and letting it dry out for an hour or two is best. Don't smoke it hot or most of the flavor goes away. Doesn't do as well in a churchwarden. Fantastic in a bulldog.

meanmrmustard Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
meanmrmustard (34)
Mild Mild Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Bought a new Paronelli pipe, and decided to try this blend in it, which I also just purchased. At first, only smoked half a bowl, and it was a delight all the way through. Along with the Cavendish, I noted a bit of Perique as one of the condiment tobaccos, complimenting the slightly spicy casings, with hints of cinnamon and maple as a finish. Very tasty! Reminds me a bit of Ed's Continental 51, with less of a chocolate taste. I like it more and more as I smoke it and as the pipe breaks in, hints of citrus also spark through. The flavors are complex and all blend nicely together. Might be a pleaser to an English smoker, who enjoys an occasional aromatic. Will be one of my regulars and a favorite.

shadowboxer47 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
shadowboxer47 (1)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Tobacco Trader is kind enough to send you a sample of this for you to try out. Give them a call. It's worth it. I know why they give out free samples. They're sure you'll come back and buy more!

I firmly believe this tobacco is the perfect mix between an aromatic and the stronger stuff I'm starting to enjoy. I was very surprised. I wasn't expecting anything special, but I'm starting to become addicted. I will likely order a pound of this stuff next time (Yes, that good). This will easily make for a daily smoker. It lights well and evenly and forms a nice ash in the bowl. It creates thick clouds of white, cream smoke that will absolutely dazzle your senses.

I've sampled many of Boswells blends and several tinned, and this is definitely in my top rotation. If you like mild tobaccos with a very smooth, rich flavor, this is for you.

BriarChild Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BriarChild (11)

This is a really nice tobacco. The blend of cavendishes really keeps you guessing. It's delicate and sweet. It doesn't slam you in the face with sweetness, but rather draws you in. The danger is to try to smoke it too quickly and thus "attack the flavor" and this destroys everything. A hint of vanilla, a hint of spice, and a bit of magic. Great ride. It's part of my collection.

apostle228 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
apostle228 (4)

i really like this tobacco. the taste and smell reminds me of sweetened coffee for some reason, and i love coffee. this one is an all around great tobacco that i would definitely smoke regularly.