A combination of 5 Cube Cut Burleys and Deer Tongue, which gives this the slightest hint of Vanilla . Best packed using the gravity fill method.

BrandJohn Patton
3.1
H.B Ghost Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
H.B Ghost (3)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

A very pleasant tobacco with a room note to match. I enjoy the nuttiness of the Burleys mixed with the unique aroma of the deer tongue. This has become my go to tobacco.

A solid 4 stars from me and I highly recommend it as well.

Lombard65 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lombard65 (48)

100% completely agree with the review of GIG!

To me, it got a bit dry, however, with proper humidification and smoked very slowly in small pipe is super!

Do not obsess to take lit his pipe, leave it off sometimes!

Mild to Medium Very Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

The pouch aroma of this is full of the spicy sweetness of deers tongue and the raison like aroma of good burley. It is a fine cube cut yet it lights very easy and stays lit unlike other cube cuts. I'm sure this is because it comes fairly dry, just right to me. Upon lighting my pie full of it, I was rewarded with a rich, smooth, yet spicy flavor, not at all overpowering but full. As I smoked it I had little wisps of the deers tongue come and go which was a very tasty sensation and it was more of a seasoning. This blend a a raison like sweetness, almost like it had perique in it. It also has a peerlike note that I enjoyed. The room note was very nice with a touch of a tart aroma. I enjoyed this bowl full all the way down and wanted more, a reaction I like to have ina a blend. If your a burley lover as I am, this is one you should try.

Coffeecup Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Coffeecup (13)
Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

Gold Nugget is the first cube cut blend Ive smoked, and once I figured out to gravity fill it, I really enjoyed it a lot. I like how the different burleys go together with each other, and the flavor is very good, without being too harsh or strong. The deer tongue adds a nice room note to the smoke. Gold Nugget opened my eyes to the world of cube cut tobacco.

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

It's like a cheap imitation of C&D's Crooner. Burley smokers avoid this as it is pretty nasty stuff. For those who like the deer tongue element, go with Crooner as there is way too much used in this blend and the concept just does not work well at all.

Gig Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gig (10)

I really do enjoy tobaccos containing deer tongue and this is no exception. This contains great nutty tasting full flavoured burley with a hint of spicyness and herbal undertones coming through with a wisp of vanilla now and then from the deer tongue. The flavours lasting through the entire bowl and this blend did not have any bite at all to it. Its easy to pack, light and keep lit and it burnt to a nice grey ash right to the bottom of the bowl. I highly recommend this tobacco to burley lovers or for those who want to try something a little different :)

Mr. Dottle Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mr. Dottle (162)
Mild Medium Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

“Moderation in all things, especially moderation.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

I agree with Zone Smoke. This blend has an overabundance of deer tongue. It is center stage and in the wings, and it never lets up. That’s all I could taste. Where’s the burley? And I found this cube cut blend difficult to keep lit. Perhaps I got the ‘bottom of the barrel’ where much of the deer tongue settled. Not only will this blend ghost a pipe, it will ghost your taste buds for a good, long while. But if you like blends with deer tongue, look elsewhere: C&D Crooner uses deer tongue judiciously as do many of the Peretti burley blends. Other John Patton blends with no deer tongue are much better, e.g., Storm Front & Moe’s Confetti.

A cigarette is to be smoked. A cigar is to be enjoyed. A pipe is to be savored.

Pipe Used: briars and cobs

Age When Smoked: upon arrival

Purchased From: 4Noggins

Similar Blends: C&D Crooner. Peretti's Blend 333.