Brigham's English Mixture. A perfect introduction to English style pipe tobacco. This blend is a traditional mixture of red Virginia, Turkish, burley, latakia and perique. This blend would be considered medium strength as English tobaccos go.

BrandBrigham Enterprises Inc.
Taste
3.2
cheapsk8 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cheapsk8 (6)

I have only been exposed to aromatic blends, and cheaper ones at that as my local is very remote and pipe smoking is not common. In fact, can only buy corncob pipes locally. Only recently have I been able to access other brands. I have smoked Amphora (local Standard, and all I smoked for 5 years), Peterson's Irish Whiskey, Sherlock Holmes, Luxery Blend, Irish Oak, Brighams Muskoka Mix and Borkum Standard.

Well, I found my new Favorite. This tobacco gives a nice cool, dry smoke. I won't talk much about flavorings, as it apparent reading through these forums that is very subjective. But I will say it smells fantastic, and I find the taste mild to medium and very pleasant. It dosn't affect my lungs like some of the wet aromatics.

This stuff is easy to pack, stays lit, and smokes twice as long as the aromatics I have been smoking. I loaded up my grandfather's Old Pall Bulldog I restored, and it was the single most pleasent smoke I have enjoyed to date.

As an added bonus it is the first tobacco my family LOVED the smell of!

Galbreath Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Galbreath (5)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This smells great in the pouch and burns cool. I wish that the blend had less Latakia and more Perique. It is almost there but falls short of being great.

Taste Buds Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taste Buds (65)

This is a very tasty English, with a light perique presence in every puff. The blend is Altadis 502 medium English relabeled for Brigham. I like this very much. The latakia is in the background and the turkish and perique are the dominant players. It burns to the bottom of the bowl, but heats up the last third of the bowl. The taste is consistent throughout and very satisfying. An excellent blend in all respects.

Update: I believe this is a true 4 star blend, so I'm adding a star to my previous review.

Update: I was originally over-enthusiastic about this blend. My rating has been lowered to 3 stars.

Thunderbucket Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Thunderbucket (4)
Medium Mild Medium Tolerable

Latakia delight, good cool smoke. In smaller pipes it can get hot but not as bad as most aromatics, so slow the eff down and enjoy life!

Pipe Used: MM, Medico

Age When Smoked: Dried 1/2 hour

Purchased From: River city cigar

The Sunday Evening Pipe Smoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Sunday Evening Pipe Smoker (41)

Good, meat and potatoes English blend. Overall characteristic is nice and smokey, and not too heavy on the perique -- which for me is a bonus. Personally I find too much perique will pretty well ruin a good blend. This one is definitely more Latakia forward and frankly, I am surprised to even read there is perique in the blend.

Definitely a nic-kick to it that is pleasant.

This is woodsmoke in a bowl. Great for cool days and nights, though would also suit warm summer evenings. Creamy smoke and stays lit.

Definitley a staple worth having in the rotation -- like those times when you just feel like having roast beef, gravy and potatoes. Every meal doesn't have to spicy or sweet. Sometimes the basics are all you want and need.

Purchased From: B&M

Similar Blends: Three Nuns (but not as harsh as Three Nuns in my opinion).