An English style Balkan with cigar leaf, Turkish, 2 Virginias, Black Cavendish, Latakia, and Perique. which combine to create a tasty medium strenght blend where the components almost fight for dominance.

BrandJohn Patton
ContentsCigar Leaf, Burley, Virginia, Black Cavendish, Perique, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish
Strength
Taste
Blackhorse Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Blackhorse (70)

Another star in Patton's crown, this one. It displays a similar profile to others of his, but stands on it's own as I cannot detect the Latakia at all, nor several other of the condimental leafs he included in the recipe...the balance is that good. Its medium punch and full range of my favorite (and most delectable) tobacco flavors put it solidly in the 'all day favorite' zone for me.

This is still available from 4 - Noggins by special order. If you've tried and appreciated Oriental Dusk or its ilk then this will not disappoint. Another 5 Star Patton wonderment.

Coffeecup Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Coffeecup (13)
Medium to Strong None Detected Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

I like fuller flavored blends, and Cathys Clown fits that for me. The cigar leaf is noticeable here, but the Oriental and Virginias seem to keep it under control. The Latakia stays in the background, but adds a nice mild smokiness.

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)

How do I despise thee, let me count the ways..Nope I can't count that high as number are infinite. This is not tobacco. I don't know what it is.

Tongue bite, harshness and foul taste are hallmarks of this blend. The taste is of cardboard, pepper and steam combined with an odor of mensturating skunk.

The name applies as I think clowns would like it.

John Q Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
John Q (6)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

John Patton has really put together some great blends of late,this one has an earthy taste with a hint of sweetness about half bowl possibly made via the cavendish mixing with the virginias. I quite like it.