A blend of Cavendish - Virginia blend with that island rum flavor.

ContentsCavendish, Virginia
FlavoringRum
Strength
Taste
2.0

The Virginia is a little dull and grassy, rather empty and not very sweet. The cavendish is okay. The Jamaican Rum flavor is decent, but not outstanding. Burns a little too fast and hot, even with some hydration, and I'm a slow smoker. The flavor burns off a little at the finish. There are a number of blends with Jamaican rum that are better than this, although this isn't the worst aro around. It just didn't do anything for me.

Zogg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zogg (7)

Tasted like rum, Smelled of rum.

Burned kinda hot though.

It packed well, but gave me more bite than i wanted. It went out randomly a bunch in every bowl I've tried. I did taste the tobacco, which was good. it wasn't all flavoring. Sadly, not worth the money though because it bites pretty hard and burns poorly.

Edit: This is the 40,000th review on this site :O

Deckard Cain Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Deckard Cain (5)
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Tolerable

No rum flavor at all. But looks and smells like a quality weed while in the can. Packs and burns well. Looks like shag, but wide strips. Lights easy, not overly moist. In fact seems like a very traditional, plain leaf, with no casing at all. One good puff, then it got rough. Really rough. Harshness that burns the back of your throat quickly. I could only stand about a quarter of a bowl. That was 5 years ago. Well it sat on a shelf in a jar for 5 years. During that time I changed a lot, as far as pipe smoking. I learned to truly love English blends, especially latica heavy blends. Not a huge Virginia guy, but the hobby of pipe smoking has always been a work in progress for me. Always will be. So I decide I'd take that can of aged Jamaican rum blend off the shelf and try it again. Because it should have mellowed some, and because I have a more mature palate now. Well...its still awful. Dreadful, harsh baccy. In it defense I'll say this. It does have a real tobacco taste. But this stuff is so rough, dry and burny that only a pirate marooned on an island could want it. If all tobacco was this way I would give away all my cobs. Just punishment.

Pipe Used: Good old cob

Age When Smoked: New and 5 yr old tin

Purchased From: Local store, closed down now

gentleanachronism Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gentleanachronism (8)
Medium Mild Mild Very Pleasant

This offering from CnD smells terrific in the tin, the rum flavoring smells great. Then you light it. The flavor is nonexistent, but that might because this tobacco bites harder than a Nile crocodile. It burns hot and fast, so you won't have to put up with it for long.

Pipe Used: bent billiard

Big Nick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big Nick (73)
Medium Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

A bit dry, a bit flat, quite uneventful. Not a full on aromatic type of tobacco, just some pedestrian pipeweed with a possible light misting of rum. Not bad, but again, quite uneventful.

The Black Falcon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Black Falcon (19)

Smoking this blend reminds me of G.L. Pease 'Barbary Coast' which i happen to like very much. They both have rich overtones of Rum or Brandy which makes them extremely delicious. Jamaican Rum excels in the cavendish department combined with the natural sweetness of the virginias laced with Rum makes this blend a solid three stars as i can smoke this regularly as an all day blend. Different and exciting the tangy sweetness of this wonderful blend finds me wanting more and more. A little mild in the N department but still a worthwhile smoke rich and zesty.

Ian4545 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ian4545 (7)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable

This was the First Tobacco I bought it was OK. Although I threw it away after I bought some Chartwell.

asteroidhunter Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
asteroidhunter (2)
Mild Medium to Strong Full Pleasant

I like this blend late evening with a nice red, very satisfying and burns exceptionally well. A little syrupy at the end; still a very nice aromatic.

Talonr1701 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Talonr1701 (119)

Very light to taste and aroma. It wasn't too bad, but didn't knock my socks off. To be honest, I mixed to with Pirate Kake and some Black cavandish and made what my wife calls "Scally Wag"- the rum/cav mix covers the Latakia room note and my wife thinks its great. Best of both worlds I guess. You try it and see....