Full aromatic Cavendish without a bite. The coconut flavor is extremely pleasant to those around you. This is the best selling of all our blends

BrandMilan Tobacconists
ContentsCavendish
Strength
Extremely Mild, Very Mild
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
3.1
jhennis Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jhennis (5)

Very good all around smoke. Mild and pleasant all the way through with a fantastic finish. Another one that will have you sucking air through your mustache all day! This is another one of my favorites from Milan. Keep up the good work!

Blade One Star Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Blade One Star (9)

I bought a sampler pack from Milan tobacco. It is a great buy. It has a lot of nice aromatics in it and a few English blends. This tobacco is their best selling blend. It is a nice aromatic and it burns well. I could barely detect the coconut flavor (which is good) and it has a nice room note. When you pack, look for a few thick stems which should be discarded. Not too many, but there are a few.

Room Note Professor Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Room Note Professor (39)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

The room note definitely gets 4 stars! This is the type of room note that non-smokers enjoy. It's faintly reminiscent of the much-loved "old-fashioned pipe aroma", however the aroma of tobacco is quite muted and dominated by a pleasant, light and sweet aroma reminiscent of cookies.

Very easy to keep lit. No bite. Produces big billows of smoke if you puff with passion. I am more of a sipper myself, which brings out the very gentle nature of this blend. Be warned, the taste is quite mild. It is by no means overly sweet or cloying. I'd describe the taste as a mild, grassy burley, lightly sweetened with sugar, with a touch of caramel and coconut. I don't taste honey.

All in all, 3 out of 4 stars.

Uh-Oh! 2012 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Uh-Oh! 2012 (3)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

Just a fair flavor, but the room note is very nice. Out of all the Milan I've tried (6 different tobaccos now), this is my 2nd favorite, right behind Sunset Rum.

johnson430 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
johnson430 (7)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

OK so Milan says this is their top seller but I don't get it. After trying this in my Nording, Savinelli Capri and Brebbia Cellini I am convinced there is either something wrong with me or this tobacco. It tastes flat and burns hot and I wanted the bowl to end and never load this again. Perhaps it is just a matter of taste but this tobacco, IMHO, has no smokable value. It does smell nice in the bag though.

QuidCorpus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
QuidCorpus (4)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

My first tobacco, and my first tobacco review. You can pick up this blends scent as soon as you open the package. its very pleasing to the nose, and to all those around you. I keep getting asked at the University, "What Blend are you smoking?" "That smells delicious, what is it?". Its a real nose teaser and leaves the room smelling great. Though it conjures up a lot of smoke, its a very good smelling one none the less.

CaptainEnormous Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptainEnormous (17)
Extremely Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

This is the tobacco that turned me on to pipe smoking.

For me, it's a very light aromatic smoke that's a bit frustrating mostly because it seems to contain little nicotine. But it's enormously pleasant to smoke, the room note is top notch, and there's almost no chance of this stuff biting. The same can be said for all of the Milan aromatics that I've tried, come to think of it.

If you've never tried a coconut flavored aromatic, try this one. I should note that I do not like most aromatics, and I'll pass on anything soaked in cherry or chocolate. But I love this stuff. It's what I carry around with me when at social functions, and it never fails to draw positive attention.

Someone below noted that the room note is better than the smoking experience, which I don't think is quite fair. This stuff makes a delicious smoke. This isn't close to the strength of a cigar, or even a stout English or VaPer. But it's on par with many common virginia/burley blends, and has a wonderful, subdued flavor. Expect a mild experience from Honey Smoke.

The Persian Slipper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Persian Slipper (29)
Very Mild Very Strong Mild Very Strong

Honey smoke was the first blend of tobacco that I smoked, way back when I first started smoking (two years ago). That was when I first met Pooch, David, and Rene at Milans. Pooch was the one to recommend me to the blend. I loaded by pipe and, clumsely, lit the leaf. The smoke is VERY smooth, with absoulutely no bite which is good for a first timer. The smoke comes in very fine honey/ coconut tasting billows. The room note is that of the taste, honey/ coconut. The two downsides is that it tends to burn a little wet, and that the blend is not suitable for an all day smoke. The taste is wonderful, but as a dessert or non-frequent pipe. Still, very worth the modist price per ounce and I would highly recommend this blend to smokers old and new.

Pagercat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pagercat (41)
Extremely Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Very Strong

At first glance I thought this was 1-Q. Milan lists this as their best selling blend. It is your basic sweet aromatic blend on a higher scale than the old Lane bulks.

Appearance & Aroma: It is a bit sticky on the fingers when loading. The cut is very long ribbon of dark golden brown with some flecks of black cavendish. The scent from the bag is a light chocolate and honey. The room note is much heavier than most other blends I have had in this genre. The coconut is detectable in an otherwise thick cloud of sweetness in the air.

Smoking: On the initial light one is greeted with a hit of sweetness. I was surprised at how mellow this stuff smoked. One characteristic of most Milan blends I have smoked is the silky smoothness. Honey Smoke, despite it's sweetness, did not bite at all. Midway throughout the bowl I noticed a slight harshness to the finish. The tobacco burned well, with minimum relights, to a fine dark grey ash. This blend makes some huge smoke clouds when puffing even slow and gently.

Conclusion: One primary characteristic of a good tobacco is a clean finish and lack of aftertaste. A good blend should leave you wanting more with every puff and make you sad when the bowl is finished. In the case of Honey Smoke I was relieved when the bowl ended. Once I was past the first third of the bowl each puff would punish me at the very end with that harsh bitterness. If you want a blend that packs and burns well with a strong sweet room note and do not care much about taste then this is your Nirvana.