A mixture of golden and fully matured Virginia tobaccos from the traditional tobacco districts of eastern USA. The tobacco is pressed into cakes and matures during storage before it is cut into flakes. This blend has the natural sweetness and freshness of the finest Virginia tobaccos

Notes: Translated from Inlay: Orlik Vintage tobacco is stored for 24 months before it is cut into flakes. This is a limited edition, a total of 9.999 hand packed tins were produced.

BrandOrlik Tobacco Company A/S
Strength
Taste
3.7

I finally was able to obtain some of this hard to find tobacco from a friend who regularly swaps rare blends with me. I was sent a sample in exchange for some well aged Mick McQuaid Plug.

I detected no difference between this vintage 2007 edition and some of my older Golden Sliced Regular. The pressed flakes looked identical and the taste was the same. I have always found Golden Sliced to be a fine tobacco with a nice little "nic" hit. For some reason, Golden Sliced has always has had a somewhat honey like flavor (according to my palate), mixed in with the fresh taste of well aged and top-shelf Virginia. And, just like the regular Golden Sliced, this one has a light and spicy undertone. Finally, it also burns just like the regular Golden Sliced, dry and clean... although a tad warm.

beercritic Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
beercritic (32)

Sweet, grassy delicious Virginia. Price is right. Reading an assessment of Virginia flakes, I tossed in a bag of Earl grey tea into my tin. It really accentuated the lemon edge. I'm stoving a fresh tin to see what happens. 200F for 2 1/2 hours. I've sampled some more expensive Virginias, but this agrees with me & my wallet. I liked this better than the 50gm tins w/perique. I'll get my perique from stokkeby's Bullseye Flake.

Pipe Used: Cob & briar

Purchased From: P&C

Puf Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Puf (10)

Picked this one up mistaking it for Orlik Bull's Eye, and upon reading the small print realized it was merely Orlik Golden Sliced in a stored version. Nothing bad about that however, as I like that particular tobacco. It obviously improves with age, as the flavours are more rounded and mellowed in this one. So, if you like the regular GS, or if you fancy trying sweet Virginia flake with the slightest hint of anise, this might be your thing ;-)