A mixture of lemon Virginia ribbon and black Cavendish with a dash of deer tongue for spice.

Blend TypeVirginia Based
2.0
codyp Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
codyp (65)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

Initial lighting I tasted a strong Virginia and a strong deer tongue. I love deer tongue, and that taste and smell faded away pretty quick.

I wouldn't even think about strength when smoking this blend, it's very light. The flavoring is weird. I'm not really getting a casing taste, just more of a lemon, Virginia kind of thing, with the deer tongue poking it's head in once in a while. The room note isn't quite as good as C & D's other deer tongue blends.

I kinda have mixed thoughts about this blend, mostly because of the lemon Virginia and lack of deer tongue. In the end a solid three stars.

Pipe Used: AKB Freehand Meerschaum, Nording Poker

Purchased From: Smoking Pipes

Similar Blends: Cornell & Diehl - 104: Crooner, Cornell & Diehl - 421: Gentleman Caller.

Where does C&D keep coming up with such different varietals of mixers? I think the taste was a little on the full side thanks to the addition of the Deer Tongue (which I don't normally car for), but overall the blend did not fill the palate with what I consider a good smoke for me. It burned really fast, too, but never nipped my tongue. A totally different presentation that I've experienced in the past. Not really impressed by the outcome but see where some may enjoy this as the Virginia is quality leaf.

Stinkypipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stinkypipe (156)
Extremely Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

This was quite a disappointment. Frankly it was almost like smoking a cigarette. Simply no flavor at all. Room note was non existent and the burn was pretty cool. Just nothing there and never did show up to the bottom of the bowl.

Pipe Used: Poul Winslow

Age When Smoked: Open to air for four days.

Similar Blends: Cigarettes!.

manxman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
manxman (57)
Mild Mild Very Mild Tolerable

I bought this because I was intrigued with trying Deer Tongue. I found the flavor to be quite odd. I like to retrohale, and this was not pleasant in that regard. No bite, gurgle , or nicotine. UPDATE: I threw the rest of this out, a first for me.

Pipe Used: MM cob w/filter

Age When Smoked: fresh to 4 weeks

Purchased From: Pipes and cigars .com

Kraft1994 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kraft1994 (54)
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Interesting blend. Being a huge fan of C&D Burley based Deer Tongue blends (Gentleman Caller and Crooner) I decided to try their only Virginia Deer Tongue blend. New Market makes for a very nice smoke. Smooth, Mild, Light in the nicotine department and as aromatic as a non-aromatic can be. The lemon Virginia takes the forefront here. Sweet and mild. The Cavendish acts as a nice base, fills out the smoke well. The Deer Tongue however is very faint in the background. Adds that subtle spicy vanilla the leaf is known for. I think I would prefer a larger dose of deer tongue in this one but it is very nice as is.

Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Tolerable

If you like Crooner, you should PROBABLY enjoy this one too. I said probably, because here you won't find that delicious burley nuttiness... This one is OK, but a bit too mild for my taste. Even the deertongue seems more sparingly applied.

Give it a try if you like the weird green leaf, otherwise skip it.