A Traditional Mix of Virginias, Orientals and Latakia.

Notes: To celebrate the 400th Anniversary of the first English settlement on the North America Continent, and the beginning of the rich tradition of Tobacco in America, Altadis USA is proud to introduce the new Premium Pipe Tobacco Brand Jamestowne Tradition.

Packaging50g Pouch

Visit company website

Strength
Taste
Very Mild, Mild
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
1.8
rhapsodyofmetal Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rhapsodyofmetal (42)
Extremely Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

Pure trash disguised as tobacco. This garbage is 1/2 alcohol and half tobacco. Blah. -4/4 stars.

Medium Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Hot and horrible garbage. the latakia is rank in the taste and the heat could make any steak sizzle. forget it.

Big bad Jon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big bad Jon (232)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild Tolerable

I almost turned down this blend because of the name. I am glad I tried it, not bad like the rest of these blends, just nothing special either.

WWhermit Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WWhermit (1)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

Update: Dec. 04, 2010. After revisiting this tobacco again after a much more refined palate, I find this blend to be dull and uneventful. It had it's moments, but with so many other tobaccos and blends to choose from, I choose not to go back to this anymore.

If you're looking to try this blend for the sake of trying it, by all means do so. One can learn as much from a blend that they don't like as from one that becomes a constant companion. For me, this one will not be with me anymore.

Pipestud is right as far as the ingredients and description...this has VA, burley, and black cavendish.

I got this from pipesandcigars.com as a combo pack called "Smooth Operator", which now has different tobacco samplers. Also, it goes by many different names, such as Black and Burley and HGB 2000. I've heard that it is also called Scottish mixture under a different brand name.

At any rate, when I first tried this tobacco, I thought it flavorless and dull. I consequently sealed it in a mason jar and stuck it in the back of the cellar for a few months. I decided to try it once more, and was pleasantly surprised!

The flavors really came out, with notes of chocolate, raisins, and rum, depending on the mood of my pipe. It burns cool and smooth, and gives you a calm, pleasant smoke.

I wouldn't call it outstanding, or an everyday aromatic smoke, but I ordered 8 more ounces (enough to last me a year at the rate I reach for this) and it satisfies a sweet tooth when I want to sit out on the front porch and read a book on a summer day.

If you're an aromatic smoker, looking for a change, give it a try.

SApipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SApipe (31)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This tobacco is dark brown and black in color with assorted cuts. It has a very nice maple aroma. It burns and lights well, minor gurgling. Also has mild maple flavor, not syrupy or goopy. I don't think the description above is correct either. I think it's primarily black cavendish; couldn't taste virginia or burley. Very mild in the nicotine department also.

However, I think this is the best of the Jamestowne series. 3-stars

Very Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I believe the descriptive above for this blend was actually intended for Jamestowne Tradition English. I have smoked both the English and the Aromatic versions as they were sent to my local pipe club by Altadis for sampling.

The aromatic version actually contains Burley/Virginia/Black Cavendish and no Latakia or Oriental leaf. It was a little too mild for me (okay, a lot too mild). I thought it would pack more punch due to the Burley/Virginia combination, but the Black Cavendish, (topped with a little something), was added to the point where the RPM's never shot up into the hot zone.

It packed, lit and burned like a contender but the taste was more in line with an also-ran.