Black Cavendish with a light aroma, flavored with Rum.

Notes: To celebrate the 400th Anniversary of the first English settlement on the North America Continent, and the beginning of the rich tradition of Tobacco in America, Altadis USA is proud to introduce the new Premium Pipe Tobacco Brand Jamestowne Tradition.

ContentsBlack Cavendish

2.6
rhapsodyofmetal Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rhapsodyofmetal (42)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Tolerable

When I ask for RUM in tobacco I want a flavor of rum as an aromatic.This tastes like rubbing alcohol in a pouch. Pure trash.

-4/4 Stars

al1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
al1 (58)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I liked the sample of this I was sent as a free gift. It was a little too wet though. In general a decent rum aromatic. Never seen it for sale though.

If it was not so goopy I would rate it better.

Very Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Yet another gift to my pipe club from Altadis.... Not much to say about this aromatic other than to agree that it is sweet and light. I did find that I could actually taste rum in the smoke. Not sure that was a good thing. It burns fast due to the cut.

Big bad Jon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big bad Jon (232)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This black Cavendish tobacco is well balanced and smokes fairly smooth. I will say that this is one of the better rum mixtures I have tried. It does have all of the typical issues associated with aromatics, but it does offer a great rum flavor and a decent tobacco flavor as well. It behaves well and does not bite. Overall a good tobacco for the money.

jshrader13 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jshrader13 (16)

I've been pipe and cigar smoking for nearly a year now. I reviewed this blend when I was first starting in my pipe smoking journey, and I liked it alot when I first reviewed it.

I still do! I absolutely love this blend! It produces a nice thick white smoke, and it makes for some really nice smoke rings! Also has a great room note! My wife loves the smell! The only downside, like many cased blends, about half way through a bowl, it starts to gurgle. It's rather mild, especially considering I like medium strength cigars, but a couple of bowls and I'm good! This is my go-to pipe tobacco.

I have tried many different types of pipe tobaccos and I still keep coming back to this one. I've bought quite a few pipes too, and it smokes well in all of them.

It's called "Rum Mixture" and I love high quality rum (liquor) but honestly, it doesn't taste like rum to me. Not quite vanilla either, but it's a nice sweetness that I still think tastes great!

I still give this four stars, like in my original edit, and I really have to recommend it if you like flavored tobaccos.

bigpipe61 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bigpipe61 (6)
Mild Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I am not a huge fan of cased tobaccos but this stuff was excellent. I smoked my first bowl after recieving a sample from Altadis. The first bowl was great but after drying out a bit it became something completely different. The rum is instantly detectable in the casing and the flavor is sweet and rich for a cased tobacco. I had no problem with this burning hot in any of my "cased tobacco" pipes. This is a good blend for anyone to try but first time smokers will find this to be an exceptionally pleasent smoke that will ease thier introduction into the world of pipe smoking.

SApipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SApipe (31)

This is my third sample from their 4-pack sampler. The description above states "black cavendish" only, however I can see different shades of brown mixed in as well as black.

The tin aroma is a pleasant sweetness, although I can't say it smells like rum. Nor does it taste like rum (no matter, I've not tried a rum tobacco yet that actually tastes like rum....maybe it burns off thus altering the rum taste). To me it has a very nice chocolate/coffee flavor. It burns very cool for such a moist tobacco; does produce a small amount of gurgle about halfway down the bowl. Light in the nicotine department.

All in all, it's a well rounded smoke. I'll give it 3-stars.