Shenandoah breaks from the English tradition with a light, ribbon cut Burley instead of a Virginia as its base. The presence of Latakia is unmistakable, yet not overpowering. This is one of our most popular blends and is as peaceful as the river for which it is named.

BrandGeorgetown Tobacco
ContentsBurley, Latakia
Strength
Taste
2.7

If you are new to latakia blends and want to try something that is mild and friendly, this could be one for you. I was born in the DC area and when I got to the time in my life I enjoyed the pipe I sampled a good deal of the local fare. I talked with the store owner in Tyson's Corner Super Mall and he admitted they also add a little cherry cased tobacco to this to give it a unique smokey sweet experience. I have moved far in a different direction from this blend and to another state as well, but it could be a great intro smoke and definitely an all day smoke at a good price (Bulk).

hunterwold1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hunterwold1 (1)

This is the very first pipe tobacco I smoked. A friend introduced me to it as my starting tobacco. Having said that, I have nothing to compare it to. I do know that I enjoyed the flavor, and as I was learning to light a pipe and keeping the bowl going - this tobacco seemed to be fairly forgiving. It seemed to have a good room note. For a first smoke ever, I think I could do much worse. Take it for what you will, I recommend it.

Being that I live close the Georgetown tobacco outlet in Virginia, I thought I'd review this since I smoked a few ounces last year...so I'm going on less than recent memory...but I recall it sufficiently well enough. This is a nice mild mellow American-English that is gently blended with Burley, a little latakia, maybe some VA and definitely some cherry cavendesh, not too much though (This is a ribbon cut blend and not broken flake as the above description indicates). This is a pleasant blend that tastes ok, but smells great. The cherry and the latakia work well together, which was surprising to me, but nicely surprising. The price is good and the experience was fun. If you like aromatics and want to be introduced to latakia this could be a good bridge to cross.