Light bodied lemony [ribbon cut] Virginia blend with zesty perique in the background.

Notes: Originally Hunt Club was a light aromatic tobacco produced by Uhle's, but has changed over in the past few years. It is now a ribbon Vrginia with perique added. As of 12/17/2017 the website reflects the proper description but still has it listed as an aromatic, but the paper in store menu or menus shipped with mail orders still show the old aromatic description.

Former version: Chocolate soufflé topped with a bit of berry, the careful balance of sweetness and richness gives this blend a classic appeal. Ingredients: Cube cut white burley and black cavendish flavored with chocolate.

BrandUhle's
Blended ByChris Rentner
Blend TypeVirginia/Perique
ContentsPerique, Virginia
Packaging1.5 oz bag, 7 oz bag, 14 oz bag
Strength
Taste
3.7

Along with Peretti's, Uhle's offers some of (IMHO) America's best burley. So it's no surprise that taking some other their outstanding Burley and casing it lightly with a little chocolate and you'll end up with a great aromatic. The tobacco in the pouch is as dry as many uncased burley's and burns dry too. The pouch scent is more of burley than it is of chocolate. That translates to the smoke as well. The chocolate in Hunt Club only serves to compliment the burley rather than cover it up. I would highly recommend this blend to burley smokers that are looking for a little added sweetness or those looking for a light aromatic. Highly Recommended!

Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I completely agree with Oldtimer. Read the description, and if it sounds good, chances are you will be very happy with it. This is not complex, just mild and delicious. Smells like chocolate cake baking. Another winner from Uhle's.

Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (300)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I had purchased a sample of Hunt Club years ago and hadn't gotten around to trying it, three weeks ago i found the sample in my humidor, happy as can be and loaded her up. Very mild cocoa casing on top of their famous Burley, not an Aromatic in the goopy gooper sense, I mean a casing that's mild as can be with no wet heel or steaming of the palate. Outstanding and extremely gentle on the tongue with enough Burley oomph to know I'm not smoking hot air but not C&Ds cigar like dark Burley, perfect all around like Goldilocks.. If your looking for a super Aromatic with divine room note order Black Stoker as this has just a cricket fart of chocolate added.. I attempted to order a half pound but was told they were out of Hunt Club and that I would have to wait for it to be blended and aged a bit. Fast forward to today, I got my little pillow of tastyness and fired up another wonderful bowl which matches perfectly to the spring weather we're having this week. Call Uhles and try their blends before we lose them like so many other American blenders, it's worth your time..

brashboy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
brashboy (84)

At least one reviewer compared Hunt Club to a Hershey bar, which I don’t get at all. Now, CPCC Caramel Rush – that’s a Hershey bar, though its chocolate actually is a grade or two above Hershey-level. No, Hunt Club has a very modest cherry-chocolate flavor. Maybe our samples were just very different, but my purchase of HC presented a blend with casing very judiciously used. The tin note is just barely sweet, will not impel you to get a spoon and dig in. All I’m saying is that you should not buy HC expecting it to be a chocolate bar with a bit of tobacco added.

I rate HC medium in strength, with a medium-plus flavor. The flavor is really good, an excellent Burley with just a smidgen of cherry-chocolate that does not overwhelm the marvelous taste of the Burley. If you need a nic-kick to the nards, this won’t quite do it, but the quality of the tobacco and the rich mouth-feel of the smoke make this one sumptuous as well as delicious. As another reviewer put it, HC’s cherry-chocolate flavor is just a hint, around the corner, almost there…

It is just-right moist, packs and burns just right. The room note is pleasant but not an award-winner. This is tobacco, not a chocolate torte. If you love good Burley and are like it punched up just a notch with good aromatic flavors, you really should give HC a try. Uhle yields to no tobacconist as a wizard of Burley and this one is a worthy member of Uhle’s Burley pantheon.

EDIT: I keep smoking it and keep liking it better. If you want a hint of cherry, and not Middleton's Cherry, Hunt Club deserves a try.

Purchased From: Uhle

Very Mild Strong Full Very Pleasant

My wife jumped all over this one when I told her about the contents. She loved it and smoked the majority of the tin over a period of time out on our back patio, each of us with margarita in hand. I loved the smell but didn't want to really smoke a bowl of Hunt Club as smoking a Hershey's chocolate bar is not really on my bucket list. One night I went into my office, got a pipe I reserve for aromatics and loaded up. A fun and very sweet and tasty smoke. Not much true tobacco flavor, but then, I knew that would happen going in.

Pipestud

cturnitsa Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cturnitsa (9)
Mild Medium Medium Tolerable

So, the description and the reviews here led me to want to try this blend from Uhle's. Got it, loaded up a Dr. Hardy Rhodesian, and began smoking.

At first, nothing. No flavor, no aroma. Then, about 5-10 minutes into it, the sweetness hit me. Mild, but extremely enjoyable. The smell of the burning burley is sweet enough, the smoke was great, and the small hint of chocolate (around the corner, almost there, but not overpowering) was really good.

The smoke was thick and extremely satisfying, tempting me to puff (as it always does) but I found that if I smoked slower, the sweetness grew. In fact the slower I smoked, the sweeter the burley got, almost like a classic Virginia.

A great smoke, enjoyed it extremely, looking forward to finishing the pouch, and ordering more.

Pipe Used: Dr. Hardy Rhodesian (with a 9mm charcoal filter)

Purchased From: Uhle's - http://www.uhles.com/

JLong Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JLong (36)

I absolutely love this stuff. The chocolate taste isn't overwhelming but it's there and it's perfect.